Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Gary and I am from Cairns. Pretty new at this and need all the help I can get. I have a Mine Lab 4500 and a couple of coils, Not much experience with it. But its time to give it a good workout, I am on holidays and heading to WA (Halls Creek) for a month in June 14. If anyone is over that way that could put me on track and show a few tips and tricks to help get started would be great.

Hi Gary. My name is Jack and i am from East Brisbane (next to Kangaroo Point). We went to Halls Crk in 2007 and all I can recall is that it is a quiet little place with a good butcher and caravan park. We went there on our first "big" trip--15,000klms.
Welcome to the group and i hope you have fun in Halls crk. The bottle shop is barred up like Alcatraz.
Cheers mate. ;)

welcome diggerman hope you get some gold in wa you have the machine for it, im sure some one will help you with the setup, but it takes a while to get your ear in, buy a small piece of gold to test your detector and carry it with you as a tester

Welcome to the forum Gary, there are lots of us forum members in Cairns, go and see George over at NQ miners den he should be able to assist with settings to get you going he's a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again guys. have been reading these forums for a while now and there is great info on here thanks to eveyones efforts. I would like to catch up with some and take a trip out to learn more in the field if anyone is available. Currently on my way to WA to have a go while on holidays.

Latest posts