Help I.D this stone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odd sapphire has been known to form trigons - but the locality is known for the odd diamond and most sapphires from there are coloured, so here's hoping.

1457392885_image.jpg

P.S. - for $&@ sake Reeks, get your ass to the jewellers now and get that stone tested, don't leave us hanging for a moment longer.

Im a diamond cutter but Im not too sure myself. If it is diamond that's not going to be an easy cutting job.

1.2ct in that shape crystal will only yield 25pts. and its a difficult shape to cut. just don't want you getting the hopes too high.
This is one of the reasons I hate doing cutting for those starting out. Someone please find something huge to lift our spirits.

Awesome find , congrats , and hoping for the best result for you , cant wait to hear of the outcome.

Its a termal conductivity test. Diamond can transfer hot to cold instantly red hot to liquid nitrogen wont crack allegedly.
Dont try this with the wifes engagement ring though.

Too nice to throw away ,... did they make you an offer on it or say how much it'd be worth.
Why cut it even if it was ,... looks much better than a diamond just how it is. :p

Latest posts