Hello to all members,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Adam
Reaction score
Adam from Sydney here, 38 year old who has just bought a gpx4000 and have yet to put it to work. Never been detecting in my life but have been reading Gold Gem and Treasure for about a year and researching gold prospecting for hours each and every day. Looking forward to traveling with my new hobby and hope to meet others with the same interest.

I am starting out alone as I don't have any mates interested in detecting. Being alone has been a slight concern of mine and major concern for my family. I feel I have prepared as best a man can for solitary bush exploration by equipping a dedicated GPS, paper maps, PLB, CamelBak, first-aid kit and snake gaiters. Personally I feel I will be ok as I have spent my life in Sydney's Royal National Park trudging to awesome fishing spots around Jibon and further down the coast. My plan is to start detecting around Hill End and intend to go off the track instead of known popular spots. Eventually I would like to do a circle of the country and work my way through the goldfields in each state, however this trip will be delayed due to a new born on its way.

My goal is to learn all I can about using a gpx4000 and intend on joining a metal detecting club that has organised outings. If anyone can suggest a good club in the Sydney region I would appreciate the info.

Regards,

Adam

Welcome Adam, we have quite a few members from down that way so I'm sure it won't be long before you're heading out with one of the guys.

You've got a great detector there and it looks like your well prepared, I hope you find some yellow soon.

Cheers,
Nugget

And a good welcome to you Adam, just ask the forum and your answer will arrive , the forum is great and so open welcome again. ;)

Gday Adam,Welcome mate , great forum and great members,you picked one of the friendliest to join ! I have a 4000 as well and love the machine, when you get used to it and learn to adjust it to your surroundings it will run so quiet you will end up doing what i used to , putting it near something metal just to make sure it still works ! when you do your run and get to the Territory make sure to give me a shout
regards Bill

Welcome Adam
Another Sydneyite. Thats good to see
The 4000 is a great machine to chase the yellow stuff with.
Im sure you will team up with a few members of the forum. Its sensible to detect in pairs at least when your out on the hunt.
A lot of the local boys hit the fields in Oallen, Tuena and surrounding areas.
Keep your eyes on the forum and find out who's going where and when and catch up there.
There's always a spare beer for a new friend around the fire.
Cheers
Chris

Welcome Adam,

We are all here to enjoy the same hobby and to learn from each other so dont be shy ask as many questions as needed. Join with some of the regulars for field trips and enjoy.

Cheers Joe

It's nice to see such a warm and friendly welcome, thank-you to all. I have found a good resource here and look forward to learning a thing or two from everyone.

Happy hunting,

Adam

Latest posts