Hello from Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie and I'm here to learn all I can. I own a minelab x-terra 705 gold pack. I have actually had it for 3 years roughly. My dad used to detect and I bought it in hope he could teach me but unfortunately he became unwell and passed away before he could. I'm looking into purchasing a pinpointer very soon just not sure what one yet. We like to camp in the victorian high country so will hopefully be learning to detect out there somewhere. still trying to work out excactly where I can and cant detect. We will be heading up donnollys creek way for week or 2 soon. Thank you for having me. And thanks in advance for any annoying questions I may ask.

Welcome LW26. There's many newbies on PA all the time, so we get many repeated beginner questions, but they get answered by experienced prospectors, so fire away. You may get referred to previous threads where the questions have been responded to.. All the best mate :Y:

Hi Jaros no we dont usually camp in the high country in the winter I dont love the cold and we have to young kids. But we do often do day trips up there to the snow and such.

G'day LW26 welcome to PA :Y: plenty of people here who are willing to help. The learning curve is as rewarding as finding gold.

Gidday lw26
I'm fairly new here too. So far everyone's been great. I've learnt a lot about detecting and the various machines to use from here.

What part of Vic do you hail from?

-Joe

Thanks RM outback Gday to you too ??

Meaty Joe Hi! Yes learning alot here reading through all the posts. Im from south east vic. You in vic also?

Latest posts