Hello from BigRob at Kiama.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just joined up ! Ive ordered an SDC 2300 which will arrive on Monday. Hoping to head down to Mogo later next week (work allowing !)
I live at Kiama so also hope to head up to Nerriga. Can anyone give me an area to try up there ??

1519860577_61.jpg

Bigrob you will love your sdc mate.
Let us know how you get on with it.
Dont forget to put tape around your batteries to stop them moving around, some blokes also put a dob of solder on the positive end of the bateries, I haven't worried about that. That's really the only issue they have.

Cheers

Thanks Guys
Marksman notice you are from Nowra can you give me a useful area at Nerriga to try (obviously not your secret spot ! )

now worries mate 96% of the land up Nerriga is private owned and the ones that i have spoken to give a flat NO even just to use their land to access the river one guy wanted 50% of what i found in the river as payment just to drive through his property (i wont write what i told him to do with his property)
i have seen people with detectors doing the Endrick, Nimble Nimble and Oallen Ford however when i have asked them they said they found nothing but rubbish
i did get a little picker from Nimbie Nimble when i was high-banking back a few years ago now but not a lot after that of course up in Kangaroo Valley people recon there is a lot up there but once again unless you can get onto private property you are stuck as the rest is National Park
Mogo State Forrest is about the only place around here that i think you may have a chance but make sure you have your licence before you go into the State Forrest
but after saying that you may have better luck with the sdc 2300 the only thing you can do is try
i have a GM1000 but haven't tried it up that way yet but one day i will get a chance i hope
try this link for your licence if you havent already got one and it covers all State Forrest's in NSW
http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/about/permits

Welcome Bigrob

Don't forget insect repellant at MogoSF, dropped in there for a quick swing a couple of weeks ago and got eaten alive.

Go slow and rub that coil on the ground, listen for the slightest changes in threshold. When you get your first shotgun pellet, have a play with the settings and different parts of the coil. Take the time to burry it again and have another play. Flatten it out and repeat. Getting to know how your machine talks to you will amplify your success. Hardest part is finding some gold to put your coil over the top of.

Plenty more advice tucked away on the forum. Use the search button and enjoy.

Enjoy

I would love to get permission to have a look around here http://www.oldtimberlight.com.au/

1000's of acres to explore.

If you can get permission to detect there please take me with you.

I went and seen the bloke about 12 months ago and he basically told me to get lost .... the place was listed for sale about 2 years ago for a million dollars, not sure if it sold or not.

He might be more responsive to a phone call or email though. It's worth a try ...

Dron said:
I would love to get permission to have a look around here http://www.oldtimberlight.com.au/

1000's of acres to explore.

If you can get permission to detect there please take me with you.

I went and seen the bloke about 12 months ago and he basically told me to get lost .... the place changed hands about 2 years ago from memory ...

He might be more responsive to a phone call or email though. It's worth a try ...

What a beautiful spot and so close to home :)

Welcome BigRob

Maybe if you stay at the B&b there is more chance of getting permission.

Of course, the Timberlight Creek that had the reputation for chunkier gold is on the other side (western) of the shoalhaven, associated with the Fernbank field, but thats on private property, too.

Wow thanks for the welcome gang !! and the great hints Yep will try Mogo this week i have a mate down there (Lesgold) and hes given me some areas to try.while hes away whiting fishing in SA. I might try the old charm( has anyone tried the old box of beer ! ) on the landowners up at Nerriga i'll let you know how i go. They can always say no !!!

Latest posts