Hello everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:) :) Hello all, I have been collecting rocks and minerals for many years by just panning and have a pretty decent collection that I occasionally dust off and do some lapidary on. I have been up the Cape for the last few years but am now based in Yorkeys.
I have some pans , sieves etc that havent had enough attention since I left Vic many years ago.
I admit that even when I was in Cloncurry I was happy just digging up gems and didn't really do any panning.
My hope is I can get enough hints here to at least find some colour in the local area.
I enjoy being outdoors and am not too concerned about amassing great volumes of stuff , but some hints on where some intersting stuff such as mineral/metal or even indigenous archeology might be found would be great.
Any clubs or outings would also be great to hear about.

Hoping you all had a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Happy trails,

.Welcome mate .Is Yorkey just nth off Cains , if so a beautifull place. Spend a lot of time in cloncurry area each year

Thanks all, for the welcome.
Hello Old Fred , yes Yorkeys is just nth of Cairns and is a very beautiful place indeed.
I lived in Cloncurry for a while and also in Mt Isa. I love Cloncurry and do miss it. :)
A great place for finding stuff...but very very hot! :)

Welcome Ht, I grew up in Cairns, had friends at Yorkeys Knob lovely area to be in and was awesome fishing, my old man used to be a driver for Kingfisher Safaris I miss the place so much.
Plenty of guys up that way that will help you out.

Kiwi digging said:
Welcome happytrails

Hope you find everything you are looking for on the forum.
Thank ou Kiwi Digging
It has already proven to be a welcoming friendly place and full of great people sharing ideas and expertise
:)