Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems some people are Not reading original post this is xterra 705 rooster booster will not fit. LOL
I own & use the xterra 70 which is basically the same machine I don't normally use headphones except when I go to tot lot (playground) or a packed beach when you don't feel like answer a million questions, then you can point to headphone & say you can't hear them.
Beats talking to them when you are time limIted.
I do also use headphones at windy situations easy to hear.

This is the original post I get??????
Headphones - What do you use??
Hi everyone,
I have done a search of PA but couldn't find any topic that related to this. (or maybe I'm just blind and overlooked it) I thought it would be a good topic for discussion about what types of headphones people are using and any what they think of them. This may help new prospectors to select headphones in the future it they do not like the standard ones.
I am considering getting a set of wireless headphones for my Xterra 705. What I'm interested in is a bit of feedback from anyone that is currently using wireless and what they think of them. I have done some Google searches and notice that a lot of people are using the TDK wr700 wireless headphones. If anyones using these, what are they like? ie; lag, volume etc
Anyway, any feedback would be great or any recommendations of any other wireless headphones would also be appreciated.
Willo1.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have ordered a set of TDK WR700 online. Hopefully they will arrive some time next week.

Wolfau, thanks for the email, they looked the goods but the TDK were just a but cheaper, not by much though.

I know that I stated that I use an xterra 705 and that is what I intend on using the headphones for. Any info on any other detectors are also welcomed as many people out there use different machines. Any info is good info.

willo1.

I would be interested to hear what recommendations people have. The pair that came with my TDI Pro Oz are cheap crap. They do work ok but hurt my ears and head after about 10 minutes due to poor design. Price range under $200, cheers.

Iv got a pair of Grey ghost not bad priced compared to all the other brands' nice audio and comfortable'

I use them on my TDI pro.

Beats are for people who want too much bass in their music...

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280's which are brilliantly comfortable and can be worn for hours without pain. I use in ear passive noise isolating when detecting though.

G'day Goldfield Joe, I've found sennhieser HD558 to be good for detecting, much better then the minelab ones which are supplied with GPX5000. The one thing with them though you can hear outside noise like when you are scrubbing your coil on the ground and the wind and you can hear also if something or someone is coming up behind you. But in saying that since I've changed to these headphones I've found gold regularly due to being able to hear the signals better and are comfortable and light and stay on the head as you are digging targets ups which is a plus, just my thoughts they work for my hearing anyway.

I shop for mine at Jaycar or Dicksmiths,...$25-$30,...but then again I am just using an ACE250.

grubstake said:
The high-end Whites ProStar headphones look remarkably similar to the Gray Ghosts (which also look remarkably similar to the Sunrays), but are much better priced. They might be worth checking out at the Goldsearch shop:

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...essories/head-speaker/prostar-headphones.html

Yep They are Good, The Grey Ghosts Have A Built In Noise Limiter that stops you getting ya Ears Blasted when you go over A Large Item close to the surface, The Green Models Are The Nugget Busters which DO NOT HAVE the Noise Limiter fitted, I Prefer the Nugget Busters because they seem a Little sharper,

Always try to buy the NDT's (NO DOWN TIME) because they come with the Clip On Leads and you Get A Spare Lead with every set, I have used them for Years until I got A Pair of the Whites ProStar Headphone which Do Not have the NDT Leads which is A Shame.

Last Night I messed around using my Guitars/Amp Head Phones Made by Vox/Audio Technica, They have a Built in Amp in them and they really Boosted the Signal and you can Adjust the Tone Or you can Use them As Normal Headphones and Turn the Amp OFF, which is good because you don't always need the Amp and if the Batteries go Flat the still Work unlike A Booster Amp,

But For out in the Scrub I would Only Ever Take Either The Grey Ghost NDT's or The Nugget Buster NDT's, Because being Able To Replace the Leads is Invaluable to Detecting/Prospecting and its a Long way Back to Town to Buy A New Pair.

John

Hi Guys I live in the desert and headphones get to hot and I really don't like the clamping pressure.
I tried many diff. ear buds with crappy sound, and then came across these. They are made for voice so they don't have any bass, they are crystal clear for MDing, under chin so no problem wearing a hat. Very comfortable. The best part they cost about 25 bucks.

Caliber transcription headset by Insight Headsets features crystal clear audio and inline volume control with stereo/mono switch. Completely redesigned, it is ultra lightweight, less than one ounce and comes complete with a 5' cord and 5' cord extender.

Here is there link::: You can find them on Amazon...allso.
www dot transcriptiongear dot com/tra...-headsets.html

Hi everyone,

Out of curiosity I borrowed a mates Sony noise cancelling headphones to do a comparison with the original Koss headphones that came with my GPX4500. The difference was AMAZING. The volume output, clarity of sound and even the tones the machine makes are so much clearer. The only thing I didn't like was the headphone doesn't cover the entire ear so may not work as well in windy conditions. So I guess I'm now looking for a new set of headphones.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations and if noise cancelling is the way to go.

Rob

Latest posts