Havinago's Nokta Fors Core

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expect you will have many goldies to show the missus, by end of the day :) Update us with pics of your finds, you are going to love the Core!

G'day swingers :lol: , took the new weapon out for about 5hrs and scored a few, First up have my new oldest coin a 1877 1 Shilling, Second a 1888 Britt Penny, Third a 1917 King George Three pence, 2 x $2, 2 x $1, 1 x 2c & 2 x 1c. To say im happy is an understatement im stoked, now i'd like to find some rings and things so im gonna hit up the beach tomorrow with the big coil and see how she goes. Can anyone give me some advice on cleaning my treasures. Cheers Havinago

excellent first run :) I just wash the silvers in water, with a soft toothbrush. I dont wash the coppers anymore, just a scrub with a toothbrush....water makes them go green, and look corroded. ....tumbling is prob the best way. Dont clean your rare coins, if you think you may sell them oneday....check the dates :) Keep the pics coming :)

Well don fantastic results with the new machine
You'll have to give us your opinions in time,of its performance,if you please
Meanwhile keep up the great work and good luck on some more great finds

Well done mate thats an awesome result , especially for a maiden outing
Im guessing that stoked would be an understatement ;)
Looking forward to future posts

Good stuff as for cleaning PDs. Dont. At worst soak in olive oil for a few days then scrub with a firm brush. Keeps the patina. IMO. Keep them finds cummin You got a good machine there.Good luck. Cheers. Dave.

Looks like a pretty comprehensive kit with the pro package, good to see it is already producing the goods with some very nice coins unearthed, especially the shilling. :)

Thanks for the kind words, advice and inspiration. I have absolutely no idea of what is rare but looking online some of the coins fetch good money depending on the condition, I'm not a coin collector i just enjoy the hunt and exercise so i probably will sell the coins in the future if the hugs and kisses lets me she's quite attached to them already, some of the dates are hard to read so we done a pencil rubbing through paper and pulled the dates off, one of the pennys we cant see a date at all and we would love to know how old it is, so if i put the pennys in olive oil for a couple of days should this help because i definitely do not want to ruin them :eek: .

I also have a tonne of trash and some interesting artifacts that i will take pictures of and post tomorrow, you guys maybe able to help me identify what they are ;)

Thanks again guys
Havinago

We love identifying stuff, that's half the fun of detecting. ;) I haven't sold a single old coin since I started detecting, have even hoarded the 1& 2c coins. Though detecting for me is more about learning some of our history vs making a buck, though the goldies do help with fuel and upgrading gear.

Get in to Bunnings or Masters and buy a few of those large plastic fastener boxes with individual compartments to sort out all your finds, makes it easier to tally coinage up at the end of the year, and help protect the older finds.

This is just one container of decimal coinage from last year, most of the goldies went to the bank. ;)

1444390981_img_20151009_221324.jpg

Thats pretty impressive stuff, i dont think the missus is gonna let me sell the PD's ;) good thing i get to keep the gold got enough for a carton now :D

There's not many other hobbies out there that are self funding like detecting, put the hard yards in and you will be rewarded. ;)

This is the junk from the first hunt, it progressively got less as i got my ear in and started to understand what i was hearing and seeing, it seems to be pretty crisp when you get a coin and when you get multiple targets close to each other, the field i am hunting in is seriously full of trash, I reckon the field wont even get a beep when i clean all the rubbish out :lol: it will take a year and I'll probably move a couple tonne of ground :eek:

top right corner first junk photo. Square metal base used in 60s to 70s pinball machines, to hold the power switch (I have owned/restored pinnys). Couldave been used for other purposes.

Latest posts