Havinago's Nokta Fors Core

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day swingers went for a swing yesterday at the beach with the large coil only for about 1hr arm was too sore & didnt get a bite. Went out today to the local park for about 5hrs and scored another first a 1910 Floren followed by a 1911 Half penny, a Penny to worn to see anything, 2x$2, 1x$1, 2x2c & 1x1c a horse pin and a badge off i dont know what and a heap of junk thrown in the bin.

Cheers
Havinago

That's a pretty old florin, I just mentioned recently that not many older ones had been found this year so far, mainly from 1940's to 1960'. The guy on the horse looks pretty cool. :)

horse maybe silver? Yep, that big coil kills my arm after a couple of hours, hipstick, and scoop on my wishlist....which never ends!

Does the 250 badge still have the pins on the back (starting to get scarce)good find. If it cleans up good and has pins PM me if you want to sell it.

Cheers, DD

Hey DD, it doesn't have the pins and its a little corroded including the B and the I in Cubic, whats something like that worth?

Cheers Havinago

rocketaroo said:
horse maybe silver? Yep, that big coil kills my arm after a couple of hours, hipstick, and scoop on my wishlist....which never ends!

I dont think that Horse is silver there are no markings, how could i tell?

Cheers
Havinago

Havinago, Not sure of the value, If it was in good nick I would pay A price you and I would be happy with, I just collect(hoard) interesting bits and pieces. I am not a dealer it's just if it appeals to me I offer to buy it.

Cheers, DD

Just out of curiosity what would the silvers i have be worth in the condition they are in, showed a coin dealer them today and he said the 1910 Floren looks fake my reply to that was well it rang in the highish 90's through the detector, which indicates silver :cool:

yeah $5 for the lot, which is funny the Florin has $8 worth of bullion value alone :D, lol i find $5 just about every trip lol

I wouldnt be going back to him. Ebay them, it maybe the best way to a fair price? I wont sell any of mine, maybe one that was worth hundreds or more, but that wont happen, unless I am really lucky :)

G,day all here is yesterdays results 2x$2, 6x1c and i think its a 1911 half penny at a guess as it is quite corroded. I think the park has probably given up all that it has to offer until i get around to digging the lower TID's and switching to DI2 which may result in some surprises or a heap of junk :lol: . I also made myself a long plugging shovel as i was getting quite sore bending down to plug, i need to wear work boots to cut in as there isn't sufficient treads on it, but it works a treat and has made neat plugging less of a chore.

Cheers
Havinago

I have no idea, my wife said the same thing looks like a chess pawn, its brass but has a rough broken looking edge on the top like it was a toggle of some kind or a choke piece.

Latest posts