Havinago's Nokta Fors Core

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
What settings do you use in wet, and also in dryer ground? Great find that shilling :)

Hey Rocket, yesterday in the wet I was using DI3 at sens 78, Disc 30, Ground tracking on, quiet as a mouse, when I hit a target that is high TID but weak signal I switch to DI2 with same settings which i think clarifies the target and allows you to pinpoint more accurately, the silvers were at a depth of about 25-28cm (and faint signals). I find that depending on the day dry or wet and other variables I need to adjust to the conditions but the above settings are usually my ball park settings. My last hunt prior to yesterdays i should of mentioned in that post that i had quite a bit of EMI and really had to tone down the sens to around 69-70 (may have been due to the storms). I also find that the depth achieved and sensitivity settings used does vary greatly in the ground im hunting i.e sense 70 goes about 20cm, sense 78-80 goes about 30cm with STD coil. What have you found with your settings? similar results for sens and depth?

Cheers Havinago

75 sensitivity, and 30 discrim gets anything upto 30cm or more. 85 sense just gets a better TID, but also makes the lower tones louder, possibly masking deep faint signals. I dont switch over to DI2, prob a good idea though. Not looking at the ID numbers anymore. Wet soil I lower sens to 65, seems to fix the crazy conductivity. I really do think, that its a simple machine :)

G'day swingers, well the weather has cleared for the moment so decided to go and have a quick 2hr swing today, didnt get a lot but at least got something ;) , I dont know if the little pendant is silver or not it registers 89 for TID but has no hallmarks that i can distinguish, how can you tell if something is silver but has no markings?

Cheers Havinago

Hi all just thought i'd share this i decided to clean up my silver coins using the bicarb paste described here in how to clean coins and wow doesnt it make them POP :D. I dont think photo's do them justice, they almost look like 3D holograms live :cool:

Gday swingers, took the Nokta for a play yesterday and today for around 8hrs total to a new spot Ive been eyeing, the new spot has tonnes of trash so it is quite hard to separate the targets although the core doesnt do too bad but still a pain, still managed to pull two pre decs a 1916 Half Penny and a Roo penny that has been shot so I cant see the date its either a 31 or 41 as all I see is the 1, they may have tried making a slouch hat as Ive seen in other posts but they stuffed it :lol: .

Also decided that I would tally up all my decimal coins since Ive had the Nokta and see how Im going and I have a total of $87.30 :D

I've still gotta check out some areas along the rivers too like you may have done ;) my detector struggles with the trash ( or I do ) and miss a lot. My mate just got a 705 and is plucking my missed coins and hes found a heap of rings already :( mostly from iron trash areas

AtomRat said:
I've still gotta check out some areas along the rivers too like you may have done ;) my detector struggles with the trash ( or I do ) and miss a lot. My mate just got a 705 and is plucking my missed coins and hes found a heap of rings already :( mostly from iron trash areas

Yeah the sinkers give it away :lol: (river side), I'm just digging all the high tones/ID's, I'll post a photo of the bucket full of trash I have and that doesn't include what I've thrown out :rolleyes:, Rings are a funny beast especially gold, done a heap of testing on different gold rings and they can range between 46 and 70 on the core, so very likely i have walked over them but haven't bothered to dig, silver rings different story allways high 80's but still can easily get missed in the trash :rolleyes:, but nothing like a stroll and the possibility of treasures ;)

Havinago said:
:rolleyes:, Rings are a funny beast especially gold, done a heap of testing on different gold rings and they can range between 46 and 70 on the core, so very likely i have walked over them but haven't bothered to dig,

Same with the Pro. A medium size gold ring is 53. and so is a pull tab. 8.( Gold can ring a wide range of numbers depending on size, shape, purity....

I think you have to ask yourself "What are the chances?" personally I'm not digging 1000 ring pulls in the hope one might turn out to be a gold ring. At the beach I would but not where I go inland.
C

ColinD said:
I think you have to ask yourself "What are the chances?" personally I'm not digging 1000 ring pulls in the hope one might turn out to be a gold ring. At the beach I would but not where I go inland.
C

I was saying the same thing to my wife beach no prob, inland gets tiring quick so high tones only for me atm ;) until i run out of high tones :lol:

I think I had my worst pull tab day ever today..every signal I thought mustve been a coin..but no! I dig all targets. Hell of a lot of can and foil fragments :(

Ive had a considerable amount of old coin finds where new things like poles and drains needed excavators to dig the holes and a 'patch' gets left surrounding the concrete slabs or posts. :) not today though but it did seem to get better as I neared one certain light post..

ColinD said:
C

It's an endless debate. To me it depends on the location. Some places you dig everything. Other places it's impossible so cherry pick the high tones.

Remember 1 good gold find could be worth more than you'd get in a month of goldies. ;)

Those bloody bottle tops get me 9 out of 10 times :mad:, where is your finds thread AR I know you have one, love seeing old coins and when their silver i drool :D

Havinago said:
Those bloody bottle tops get me 9 out of 10 times :mad:, where is your finds thread AR I know you have one, love seeing old coins and when their silver i drool :D
By the time I get home, my lighting situation isn't the best for photos.. ill see what I can do. I've got a lot to catch up on.. :/ :rolleyes: I'm not having the best finds either. A hapenny using a mates 305 for a minute and the rest is modern coins n trash mostly detecting public grounds. See what I can do tonight though

Gday all, went for a swing yesterday afternoon and today, got myself a few more Goldies to add to the collection as well as a 1920 penny and a few BBs. Found a fake holey dollar (its a washer) :8 and found another bullet the same as the last one, would still like to know from what era they are from if anyone knows. Found an old broach that still has some colours on it and one of those things you use for shopping trolleys so you dont need a dollar. Got myself a new Ute but it has blown a piston :p . Its amazing how much trash you do collect while hunting, might have to start up a recycled metal business.

Latest posts