Hargraves / Windeyer area NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guy yes we will go down the bridle track and look for somewhere there are some sighs of old diggings

Better off going into tamboroora
Turn left at the chimney
Cross the creek and detect
Anywhere from there on !
It's a heap of crown land
That is allocated for prospecting
I always bring home a few grams
For a few hrs there !

hi just back from hill end found an old buckle,button ,horse shoe and bullets but no yellow stuff

Hi Norm, Once you have 10 posts you can check out the members section on our Windeyer trip, you should have gone there well worth a visit and would have bumped into some fellow prospectors.

i stayed away because that many people in the windeyer pub i would have gone to bed hungry ha ha going there next month

Went to Windeyer the other day . Spoke to the lady at the Van Park about spots to go etc . Anyway ,,, she says to me , "the area behind the Park is Reserved for our guests "
WTF ?
I thought I could access all the river ! As a matter of fact , I am sure I can .
So where does she get off saying rubbish like that ?

Seems sus to me. She/or her business can't just claim a section of the river...not that I'm aware of anyways. But that area has probably been done to death anyways. It's probably in your best interest, gold wise, to just move down a little anyways.

I'm not entirely due but if it's not on the restricted list, you can go anywhere in the creek but as pot of gold sai, probably been well worked

Sounds like an absolute crock! If it was on her property that's a different story but your hunch is right Jeff. I'm sure she is doing is trying to look after her guests and try and keep everyone else out of there.

Mjb if it's a main creek, is says in the regulations you can still go "so many chains" in or either side of any creek? Does this apply for private property can anyone own a creek been there well before any boarder lines are erected stating private land

Latest posts