Harden / Murrumburrah, Saying Hi

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just finally getting into the world of fossicking for gold, meritorite and gemstones.
Mostly interested to learn more history on this area from the gold mining boom as well other areas in Australia, while prospecting old and even new untapped areas as i explore about.

I'd be really interested to learn of any good beginner spots to hone my panning and metal detecting skills in the process too,

if anyone on here happens to know about this area? and the classic local spots to learn in... Some time ago on FB groups i found a lot of help from Braidwood and Mouya locations but no one seems to talk about this area much on there (small town though too)
however any and all advice or info would be much appreciated... and hopefully in future i'll have some info to share back as well :perfect:

Cheers all ;)

Best regards

(Brad) a.k.a Okami_ES7

There is a historic museum just down the road, talks about the chinese gold miners with some old mining gear and maps,
will go back and have a talk with the historian that runs the place later this week.. Good start for sure ;)

From some digging i have done online though thus far have learnt far more than is on display there... bit of dark history so to speak so not publicly mentioned..

Have also looked at some places of interest based on past maps and google satellite images... Forgot to take my phone stupidly and or gear (just jumped in the car and drove lol)
but super excited to fossick around in these areas as they have all the hallmark signs of a great spot to do some test pans around..
Also need to verify they are not in claimed zones, and probably should get a prospecting license also before i test them out...

Latest posts