Grrrrrrr!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before the days of google earth it was hard to tell what was over the hill , but in this day and age its either suspicious or stupid behavior :rolleyes:
Your too kind madtuna i would buy the longest strongest snatch strap and get a run up like Husane Bolt and catapult them into the future :lol:
Sounds like you should be getting paid park ranger rates .

Yes I did edit that AF, very probable but not appropriate!

Cheers
Heath

Numb_Thumb said:
madtuna said:
They had an SDC and a Garrett Ace 250, a shiny new Miners Right and no clue.

Remember we all started that way once upon a time! ;)

Maybe I should rephrase that.... They had an SDC and a Garrett Ace 250, a shiny new Miners Right and no common sense.

BigWave said..."Ease up a little on us grey nomads please. We're at the end of our lives - are you?"...

Not far behind you BW, but really... what was that 'old' saying my folks kept bashing me with...

Oh yeah....With 'age' comes wisdom....now i won't 'generalize', but in this instance, they clearly showed the flaw in that old saying.. :p

I'm sorry for them, don't get me wrong, it must feel bad for them and how silly they had been to get in that situation.

Just glad all came out of it well due to MT...(RIP sardines...) ]:D

I have seen many references to turfors in this topic, the people that are going to use them potentially in an emergency situation should actualy use them at home when there is no hazard present as when using a turfor for the first time it imparts a great deal of knowledge about what you never want to do again ever. You definately think twice about going on that boggy track. Yes I do own a turfor style hand winch which is permanantly in the car, and have never used it anywhere but at home, Lesson learned. Ken.

Good point mate, also high lift jacks are another thing you really need to learn how to use properly, many injuries have happened due to them.
I see so many sparkling 4wd's getting about town with the high lift jack and shovel mounted to the roofrack. All the shiny unscratched paint on them shows they have never been used, and likely the owners wouldn't have a clue.

I've probably praised the Tirfor winch a few times here. I'd have never got out of this mess without it. Just looked like a grassy green patch that appeared after heavy rain...until I drove on it. Lesson learned. 100+ meter of dyneema winch rope and a 2 tonne tirfor winch dragged me out but my god I've never had to work the winch so hard. I reckon I was maxing out it's capabilities.
16516988119_a880326035_c.jpg

20479251139_a35904b0f5_c.jpg

:D ...silly bugga...

Shoulda just dropped the bike down and gone to the leaseholders for his tractor...no sweat that way. :lol: :Y:

A tirfor and a set of max trax or similar can be a life saver, even if you just winch onto the trax, can be enough.

New owners are grading the roads here at the moment, "no worries the grader will just push through there"...um I wouldn't risk it says I.
But what would I know.

Just spent 3 days unbogging the damn thing! 60+ car tyres, 4 truck tyres on rims and enough timber to build a block of units later

GypsyGoldAu said:

Shoulda just dropped the bike down and gone to the leaseholders for his tractor...no sweat that way. :lol: :Y:

:lol: Plan B was to drop down the bike down...and ride the 100k's to the nearest pub and drink it dry.

madtuna said:
New owners are grading the roads here at the moment, "no worries the grader will just push through there"...um I wouldn't risk it says I.
But what would I know.

Just spent 3 days unbogging the damn thing! 60+ car tyres, 4 truck tyres on rims and enough timber to build a block of units later

SMH.... :rolleyes:

nuggetino said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

:lol: Plan B was to drop down the bike down...and ride the 100k's to the nearest pub and drink it dry.
If ya had done that first, well,.... not much pain after that (hic) :p :lol:

GypsyGoldAu said:
madtuna said:
But what would I know.

SMH.... :rolleyes:

Sydney Morning Herald?

madtuna said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

Sydney Morning Herald?

Close...Shaking My Head....i had no words..

I sure hope your being well remitted for your sage foresight others tend to ignore...

As much as it's a right pain for you, i am enjoying your recount of the version of events....never a dull moment it seems. :D

Gypsy

4.45pm tonight and the local plod turn up at the homestead. They'd received a frantic call from someone bogged somewhere on the station. Obviously had phone service but unable to give a clear location so possibly no GPS.
Not sure if it's a prospector or indigenous at this stage. They can stay bogged till tomorrow. :mad:

Plods should be able to triangulate their signal?....unless this isn't considered an 'emergency'....

Curious Steve,...do you guys bill the recipients of your good deeds?....if not, perhaps this is what is needed for folks to understand not to go out there without 'resources'... :shrugs:

Not an emergency at this stage so they can stay there. As for triangulating signals etc, that needs court approval and warrants and some time.

If you tried billing them, 90% would probably say get stuffed and it would probably cost you more to get a judgement against them than what you'd get and then they'd probably still say get stuffed.

Instead what happens is if it's a prospector it get reported to the Pastoral board, the DMP and the GSDU. All it does is give them more ammunition to shut down or make prospecting harder for everyone else.