Grabben Gullen information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pauly said:
Can anyone jump on google earth and check im looking in the right place please

3433'55.67"S 14915'33.59"E
yep, never been there myself but believe the camping area is the north side of the bridge on the east side of the road

Thanks that looks better than I had in my mind. I had visions of a little area next to a bridge like a troll home lol.

very nice people in that part of Australia I have camped there and never had trouble all the locals will help you not hurt you it is not the city people wave when you drive past and locals love a chat good way to find out the good spots in the river no one knows the place like the locals do :)

Regards All,
Despite the fact they may not be aggressive the black snakes at Grabben Gullen this time of year are plentiful and seem to be attracted to fossickers. I would take care with kids and pets fossicking there over next couple months!
1412404175_preview_more-optimized.jpg

Hi Joe,
All fine here been in winter hybernation, Muddy fine too hope to get to the Oallen get together.
:) Ted

Definitely Snakes the leaches were absent in the running water. This 2m black tried to join us by swimming to us across the creek 3 times only discouraged by much splashing, resigned to sunning itself nearby. yes it had a rabbit size bump breakfast no doubt.
1412483658_black-optimized.jpg

Shhhhhhh. Cmon guys. Dont mention leaches. The missus can handle the idea of snakes but if she finds out there's leaches she wont go back :8

This spot looks promising -34.564877, 149.265697 have a look and tell me what you think

Palmer :p

very true mate it is the place for duffers that is why I like it so much I don't often come home empty handed just not the big ones they must hide when they hear me coming :lol: :8 :p ;) 8.( :| :)

Nah it's a top spot just need a bit of luck for the bigger ones mate. I got 6 tiny chips for 3 days at Black Spring though I put a lot less effort than usual, just enjoying the camping. :) Was pretty warm too, not used to it yet this season.

If I spotted those snakes I would have shit my pants and hot fitted it back to the car and out of there.there's only 2 kind of snakes I don't like,the slithering type and the 2 legged types.both types need a crack over the head with a long stick

The big sapphires lie beneath the bigg red bellied black snakes ,no one searches there ;)
Ones to watch are the taipans ,really seen ,could be behind that next tuf ograss ...

Latest posts