GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
stalker said:
This is not the flagship model , right ,, I thought this was thier mid range and the flagship yet to be released ,, but I'll take 40% deeper than the average gpx5000 anyday ,, and a excavator and long ladder ,,

they didnt say 40 % deeper than a GPX5000

40 % deeper than what ?

40 % deeper than a CTX or SDC wont impress me

marketing hook number 7,362 ...... har har har :/

Ha ha ha ,,, wanna borrow my glasses ,,,

stalker said:
This is not the flagship model , right ,, I thought this was thier mid range and the flagship yet to be released ,, but I'll take 40% deeper than the average gpx5000 anyday ,, and a excavator and long ladder ,,

Arr...not just me that thinks this?

Zuke_Lynzy said:
stalker said:

Arr...not just me that thinks this?

The gpz7000 is definately the new flagship, the price will prove this 8.(

The SDC was the mid ranged they were talking about.

Minelabe have 3 coin detectors coming ,, called the go find ,,

1422621719_index.jpeg

Marty said:
At 7k I think it would be save to say sure I'll have one for that , but we know that we would be dreaming if we thought that 7K would buy one

I'll say 9 or 10k for the 7000 be more on the mark , 2 to 4 week of the release date going by ML past units , but then again ML haven't released it yet have they ?
If they did it would be on their site and its not therefore its a leaked release that was due to happen at any case sooner or later

Marty
So if its normally released 2-4 weeks after an official announcement, how long do you think we have before it's released?
I'm deadly serious about heading back to Australia so I can have my coil on the ground the day this is available for sale... And I need to sort out finding a replacement to rent my room and give work a heads up.
The only think that will stop me is if we end up starting work on Guardians 2 or Star Wars the same day.

Although if it is over $7000 I may have to scrap together some more cash somehow haha.

I heard a rumour that it is going to be around $15000, it would want to find a lot of gold....I think I will stick to my extremes as they have paid for themselves repeatedly and I don't want to be digging any deeper than I am now, four foot holes with crowbar and shovel in rock hard country
are exhausting as it is.. Just my opinion.

For 15 grand I'd be expecting a lot more than what I've seen of the GPZ7000 so far and it's still marketing hype! If it does come to such a ridiculous price at least it'll be an easy decision not to buy one. I suppose one could argue that if it finds gold 40% deeper across the board we'd still mostly be pulling a lot of smaller gold from shallower ground. It's not every day I pick up a 1/2 ounce+ nugget from 2 foot down with my gpx so I'd imagine 3 foot holes will be less common with the gpz too.

The dealer I spoke to yesterday said that they would be about $10k, he also said they will not be taking any gpx5000s for trade in , as they don't want to get stuck with them.
They were going to be providing 3 months interest free finance to allow time for you to sell your 5000 privately and find some gold to pay for it .

I heard 9K from my dealer (That sounded less shady in my head haha)
They also said they think we will have a price and release date in about 3 weeks, and they think it'll be 6-8 weeks before they are available for sale...

Talk about a tease!

AusFX said:
I heard 9K from my dealer (That sounded less shady in my head haha)
They also said they think we will have a price and release date in about 3 weeks, and they think it'll be 6-8 weeks before they are available for sale...

Talk about a tease!

Id rather get the SDC2300 and GPX5000 package for 8k than pay that sort of money for a single detector.

I recently came upon some prickly,sharp,spiky little sub gramers near a big quartz outcrop with the SDC but couldn't find any more on or around the outcrop.

So im guessing its a good chance there might be gold deeper in the quartz.
Is this a situation where the 7000 would shine or would a GPX5000 be enough to find anything deeper?

I understand it's minelabs job/interest to explain this, and I'm just an average Joe, but can anyone tell me how exactly this 7k could possibly have an advantage of 40% over a 5K? Granted that's in the same conditions but that seems like a huge leap, either in timings shielding transmit or audio? (Or combination). I'll be waiting to hear from the serious players just how that translates into usable depth. It is one thing to put it over a test bed quite another on an unknown target. How would they even test that?

The secret to that 40% maybe found in the coil. Its not your average DD coil. ;) Along with ZVT which basically leaves no residual transmit signal to be picked up by the rx. Deadly on highly mineralized ground. Compared to the 5k FG timing...ask anyone who has the SDC 2300 how it handles nasty ground, and you'll get a glimpse of ZVT at the next level.

Hope so Narrawa.
I swing the 2300 in very hot ground and runs as smooth as snot.
I ground balance now and then but only out of habit, tracking works wonderfully well.

Sounds promising and knowing it's going to cost 7000 grand + it'd plainly have to offer a big jump in performance. I mean really nobody is going to give up their gpx5000 for a couple new extra timings alone. I do wonder though. Is this model going to come with coil options or is it hardwired like the SDC?

Latest posts