Goldpick's 2018 Deus finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squint said:
Hi all, new to the detecting game having just bought a Deus of "Albundy". Just curious as to why you detect at night. Is it a case of that's your only free time or is it a performance issue? Thought it might also be less interference from others. Can't wait to really get into it. Playing around in the yard this arvo I've found a nail, bottle top, ring pull and a sinker. Bet that sounds exciting to all you veterans.

Squint, I detect both day and night, usually I just find night detecting more relaxing with nobody around, and it doesn't attract unwanted attention. Other times it is the only opportunity between works hours to get out and about. It is not for everyone and probably not recommended for a newbie - you do have to be both confident in your detector and on your recovery methods.

Unfortunately some of the public prefer to have no detectorists in their parks, regardless of whether you practice correct recovery methods and leave no trace of your activities behind - or for that matter even if you have the blessing of the local council ranger, you still get people having a whinge.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Deus, it is an excellent detector that should serve you well. :D

Back in the saddle again with two seperate hunts and feeling rather sore from the effort. First hunt was just sniffing around at various location testing the waters, and the second hunt was over an older house site trying to weed out a few more targets from was is a well detected area. Might seem like a lot of targets for a well detected location, though there is also a lot of buried junk (large) to deal with, and it is not always easy to separate smaller targets adjacent to much larger ones, plus there are literally 100's of alloy bottle caps to deal with as well.

A couple of decent targets turned up, got my first WW2 Australian shoulder badge, should go nicely with the Rising Sun found at the same location a while back. The heart shaped object was a bit of an unknown out in the field, that turned out to be a religious pendant, and the star shaped object is a well weathered Lone Star sherrifs badge. Still reckon there are good targets to be had at that spot, just need to detect at a crawl to investigate the those real iffy tones. ;)

1545562041_img_20181223_205706.jpg

1545562060_img_20181223_205746.jpg

1545562087_img_20181223_205820.jpg

1545562137_img_20181223_205842.jpg

1545562157_img_20181223_205909.jpg

1545562178_img_20181223_205941.jpg

1545562198_img_20181223_210007.jpg

Sure are plenty of targets ;)
Yes, very similar hunt with uncannily similar finds
Some old home sites are almost impossible to deal with , especially for long periods.

those spendables have been sitting in the ground alone for a long time

you would be sore that is a lot a digging but that is what it takes to get the buzz

nice

There's lotsa really intresting stuff turning up there. Can be frustrating digging up 20 of the same bits of crap in a row but when the 21st one turns out to be a military badge or something else cool it makes it worthwhile :Y:

Dave79 said:
There's lotsa really intresting stuff turning up there. Can be frustrating digging up 20 of the same bits of crap in a row but when the 21st one turns out to be a military badge or something else cool it makes it worthwhile :Y:

It just comes with the territory, there's always good stuff sitting amongst all the junk targets, just depends on how much digging you are prepared to do. Reckon I must have dug close to 100 targets be the end of the session, no wonder my legs were so sore the following day. :)

Latest posts