Goldpick's 2018 Deus finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a lot better than me, I've not been out because the weather here is shite....lol Next week the forecast is for cold - rain rain and more rain. Very nice tally. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Doing a lot better than me, I've not been out because the weather here is shite....lol Next week the forecast is for cold - rain rain and more rain. Very nice tally. :) :Y:

The weather here hasn't been too flash either, luckily the rain held off long enough to get a few hours in on the night - even had the moon out for a bit of background lighting. ;)

Another park run under the belt, predecs have gone off the bite so mainly spendables and typical park finds. Sole predec was a 1943 threepence, jewellery finds were all bling junkers unfortunately.

The pin is for the ANZAC 50th Anniversary, has the price on the obverse for two shillings. :D

1543293668_img_20181127_145503.jpg

1543293714_img_20181127_145534.jpg

Chose a different location tonight as the predecs weren't forthcoming. Unfortunately the rain helped to cut the night a bit short, though happy to locate a few silvers missed by others (thrips 1951, 1942, 1943 & 1926 sixpence).

Ran with the 11" coil on the Deus, 18 kHz, reactivity 2.5 and discrim ramped up to knock out most of the non-ferrous junk (accept 20c coin and upwards). ;)

1543343777_img_20181128_045111.jpg

1543343424_img_20181128_045202.jpg

Sandta said:
Most of my hunting is targeting pre decs too,
but im always more than happy to pull out goldies ;)
yeah that beach you got down new south wales sydney way is chockers with goldies. Would would to have a detect on :)

Hi all, new to the detecting game having just bought a Deus of "Albundy". Just curious as to why you detect at night. Is it a case of that's your only free time or is it a performance issue? Thought it might also be less interference from others. Can't wait to really get into it. Playing around in the yard this arvo I've found a nail, bottle top, ring pull and a sinker. Bet that sounds exciting to all you veterans.

Detecting at night........ because morons don't bring their dog up to lick your face and stay within inches of you watching for half an hour, because little kids don't sit in front of you and go "what are you doing" and bigger kids think they are funny harassing you. I never detected at night till I took it back up recently due to these reasons.

Squint said:
Hi all, new to the detecting game having just bought a Deus of "Albundy". Just curious as to why you detect at night. Is it a case of that's your only free time or is it a performance issue? Thought it might also be less interference from others. Can't wait to really get into it. Playing around in the yard this arvo I've found a nail, bottle top, ring pull and a sinker. Bet that sounds exciting to all you veterans.

Hi Squint,

Not wanting to hijack Goldpick's thread too much, but lots of reasons for night detecting. Some already mentioned by yourself and Goldtrapper. Machines work about the same, but there's less other noises and you can focus better. Some of my other reasons are heat and humidity, I live in tropical North Queensland and during our summer wet season when the ground is soft enough to dig, it can be just too hot to detect during the day. At the moment we have had an extended drought and the ground is like concrete so no detecting happening night or day. Night detecting allows you to get at public places that are just too busy during the day and to be inconspicuous not drawing attention to your good spots.

Cheers,
Troutman :gemstone: :goldnugget:

Oh, and did I mention the flies.... no flies at night, just insects if you leave your headlamp on too long. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone :Y: First coin today, a 1c piece. Can only go up from there. I'll now let everyone get back to "Goldpicks" amazing finds.

Latest posts