Goldpick's 2018 Deus finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some sweet finds there {)

Is that a ornate belt buckle above those lovely old coin,that is nice :)

I reckon you could built an old clock from that stuff :lol:

Time traveller :Y:

Well done, been able to discriminate in a very trashy area is really showing value, setting your machine up like that is a talent itself!
Again well done!
Matt T

Well what a day, told the missus I won't be needing my camera as I was heading off to a hammered mid 1800's site with supposedly little prospect of finding a coin. Once again trying out pitch mode to see if any decent targets remain.

Spent the first hour picking out the odd button which was a good sign, then swapped over to the other side of the track to check out a swampy patch of ground which gave up some musket balls, .22 shells and another button. About 2 feet away from the button I got a very good high conductor that was reasonably deep down between some tufts of tall swap grass - knew it was going to be a coin, just a matter of which one and how old.

Got very excited when I saw silver, had to be a shilling going by the size, then saw the date - 1834, my first ever King William IV coin. :party: :party: :party:

Very rare to find a William coin around here, not only due to the age of the SA colony, also since William only held the throne from 1830-1837.

Either way, a very memorable day, will do a wrap up later for the rest of the finds. :)

1532154500_img_20180721_154914.jpg

1532154518_img_20180721_155004.jpg

Dirty buttons!
1532154550_img_20180721_155132.jpg

Geez GP even worn, that sure is one nice looking coin. Just looking at the pic, i think it would look awesome set in a little block of baltic. Was that done with your pencil? i think i need to get me a pencil :D any links? :Y:

Latest posts