Gold Rush TV Series information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya 20x. The mind boggles. Who knows how much is legit and how much for show. I guess that's why the dredge is the hail Mary you can see something happening that is inspiring. I guess if the bills and royalties are paid and you end up with nearly a 6 figure sum at the end losses aren't really losses are they. I'd like a shot at re running the tailings though. Little tiny dwarf trommel and a tiny excavator might pay better than the daily. Who am I kidding I'd settle for break even and a decent feed with a warm bed haha.

Bahahaha. Throw the drill sheet out is all in the test pan. Clearly you need only three things. The dirt, the equipment and some cash. And a pan, don't forget the pan.

I feel for the poor old fitters who are trying to resurrect that old piece of junk after it was bashed about by Tony(bull at a gate)Beats.
I have had jobs like this where things were pulled apart by people who had no regard for the poor sod who has to come along after them and put it all back together again. Sometimes it's a nightmare like these guys are finding and I bet the fitters will have a job for life keeping it running.
But I am looking forward to seeing it run.

I know of a pro miner who says his losses over the end of the launder equate to around 12%.
He tried a knudsen, but it was too hard to get right.
Another guy I know reckon he has losses down to 7%... he is using the centrafuge after the launder.

Haha its hard to tell sometimes. Would love to see the uncut version of next week. Wait till Minnie finds out! What a classic bloke. My money is still on the dredge getting a few buckets even if it's in the off season, with Dumas on the levers!

The buckets will just be behind a shed or somewhere like that. Gotta build the drama for TV.
The old Viking should be made an honorary Aussie. He's got the language for starters. Then the get her done she'll be right attitude. (Insert many expletives in that last bit) :D

An episode to go.....Mr Beets still has my money. It will be bearing sea and yukon gone before the proof is really in the pudding. It's been entertaining nonetheless.

In reference to that 7-12% loss...

When i first joined this forum and bought a highbanker i converted it over to full expanded,
after uploading a pic of my mod I was advised to break it up with some riffles and the difference in recovery was amazing.

Ive noticed on thier sluices that the expanded is un-broken?????

After they scrape the bed rock,there seems to be material left behind .Their excavator buckets can't get it all.they move somewhere else to run more volume through their plant.what if they flood the cut with enough water to run a 8inch dredge. It would be interesting to know how much gold would be there. 2 guys small scale dredging alot of claims might return enough to make good money.it most likely would have more gold than what they are loosing from there sluice.yukon gold had a guy called hero add a fine gold trap to their wash plant.They recovered 10oz or so of fines every cleanup.most of them run the easiest most productive gravel to keep their business operating.sure there is more gold there,but they aren't going to go bankrupt chasing 7-12% when they can recover 88-93% with ease. With bedrock not being flat i would like to see recovery figures of the bottom of the cut.i am willing to go over there if anyone has a lazy hundred grand laying around.Big scale mining has big scale running costs.Adjustable diffusers or mudflaps can create low pressure spots along a sluice causing gold to drop out as well as riffles.They also flatten out turbulence and help fine gold recovery.

. also wanted to add that all the owners of dredges are waiting to see if mr beets has good returns,as every tom dick and harry will be copying him.once a guy comes up with a good idea that no one else would try.The copycats will follow.better to be an innovator than a imitator.

I was pleased to see Parker and 316 Mining make their goals last night, and hope that 316 can find that little bit extra they need to come back next year. And how about the nice nuggets the Dodge brothers were finding, huh! Wish I could find a haul like that with the 5k.

Latest posts