Going Through Separation And Divorce

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia....so sorry to hear of your plight!I have no experience in the situation of divorce..but my eldest brother has.He described a similar scenario to that of BoydWilliam, as the cause of the whole tragic affair. He likened the loss of his wife and the breakup in general as being like that which you feel when a loved one dies.
To hear about what has happened to you and BW, as well of the other similar experiences is heartbreaking, to say the least!.
Good luck and good cheer, and I hope for you all to be able to immerge stronger and wiser, as a result of the pain you have suffered over this agonising adversity. :Y: Keep yer guard up fellas.sincerely Rossco. :Y:

Hi BW
Myself like so many here have said about themselves have been in a similar situation, I am not as well with words like many here but from my experience it will in some time get better, if your anything like me you wont forget but will to a point get past it, there is people that will be there for you, be that personal day to day old friends or us here on PA that see you as a friend even if we have met or not, I guess just remember you are not alone, it is never too hard and there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
My ex and myself are now great friends, she is one of my best friends in all honesty, not at first and it took awhile for us to be like that but considering it was a best mate of mine and also a work mate that she is with now we ended up pretty good, and for our daughter it is the best I could hope for.
Like myself I am sure a lot of us are only a PM away if you need us
Cheers
Jamie

Once upon a time a long long long time ago I married a
She said she was a good girl
Lying all the while
Until I seen that love bite
That took away her smile.
wasn't that a full on shock to the system ,.... I went through everything you could imagine with it all too, but, in the long run n lookin back I know how lucky I was that she kicked me out. How fortuitous for me that I got the chance to live my life propper. She was such a nasty piece of work afterwards too ,.... did all the hurtful mental crap they do to make out they know everything going on in your life like one of your friends is spillin their guts to them just to make you loose trust and faith in your friend and support group so you would be going it totally alone.
Took me a really long time to realise that she actually had no power over me and was just a pathetic joke. So I took the road where I know who my mates are n they know me too regardless of her crap n I got to have this remarkable family (has its moments but that's life lol) where we have our moments in the sun to shine and that pure love is there bucket fulls. N, we are all growing together ,.... but best of all, me n my new missus are besties n we took real vows together from the start in private that mean so much more than just a bit of paper ,..... N we both know that no one's sneakin off doin dirty stuff with anyone else at all (that's the real deal right there trust n love) :rainbow:

Strange how so many of us are going through almost the same ordeal. Just this last week i find myself in almost the same shoes. I guess we can only hope there is something positive at the end of the tunnel.

Tyrion

Fellow pa Mates,

I am going through same thing , and wanted to say something ages ago , but thought its my problem , and not to dampen this normally bright forum ! But I wish you all well , and hope most of all that you get to see your kids . That is the hardest part . Im lucky in that its amicable and I will get 50 /50 of my 8 year old son . The fathers almost always get screwed . My son wants to be with me 100 /0 but the law is almost entirely on womens side , and he is forced to go 50/50.

One really good thing about it all , is that I now dont have to ask permission to go bush , and go prospecting ANY TIME I WANT !

I have been drowning my sorrows by detecting and panning to my hearts content !

Its good therapy !

Hope it works for you all !

See you in the bush !

Love you all

Gunter

All i can say is no matter what happens in anyone's life there is always someone on here to talk to
all it takes is a PM and i am sure the phones will be ringing
apart from the tiffs and disagreements we have on here we are and will be always be friends and only a phone call away
so please pick up that bloody phone and ring there is NO shame in asking for help just DON'T do anything stupid
1509697620_12.jpg

A point very well said 7.62. Any one has a problem just pm me if you want to get it off your chest. I will listen without judgement. If I can I will also try to help in any way I can.

It never ceases to amaze me , what an amazing bunch of blokes are on this forum ! Its like the biggest family on earth . You guys should all be proud of yourselves ! The number of times Ive heard compassion and friendliness to unknown people is amazing . Im really glad to be a part of PA ! There always unconditional advice on life , and prospecting .

Good on you guys

Karl

Hi BW

Thank you for posting - more men need to share their pain and seek
support... they will find it and here is a good place.

OldGT speaks words of wisdom and experience in his post - read it
again (and again) and learn from it.

One very significant factor is to give yourself time. Do not expect
instant fixes it will take years to work it all out.

No one has "The Answers" to your marriage breakup - there is no one
set of answers and things become much more complicated when children
are involved.

A long time ago I trained and worked as a relationship counsellor in
the UK and I strongly recommend you seek counselling perhaps from
Relationships Australia: https://www.relationships.org.au/

Or visit your GP and ask him to refer you to a psychologist - I think
that is still free under Medicare - not 100% sure.

Despite my background my own marriage broke up after 25 years and,
mate, if you want to see a real f*** up of a breakup just ask a
counsellor to do it! :)

It took me five years and more to get over it; distress, anger,
confusion, work issues were just some of the problems but get over it
I did and for 13+ years now I have been happier than at any other
time in my life. I love being single, not having to consider another,
being my own boss, spending my own money. I have had a number of
relationships since then none of them being "live-in" and most of
them lasting around one to two years - all have been good and all
have ended nicely. I currently have a relationship with a woman I've
known for four years and it's just sex and dinner every month or so
which suits us both well. We'd drive one-another nuts if we tried to
live together! :)

You said you have met another woman. It may be too soon for you to be
emotionally equipped to enter in to another relationship, you need
time and space to deal with the emotional upheaval from your marriage
breakup. We seek another person to validate ourselves; we have been
rejected, we are hurt and we seek to prove that we are still
desirable to someone and, usually, we also hope it will cause our ex
hurt. If this new relationship breaks up may I suggest you give
yourself at least one more year before seeking another.

>But when does the anger and pain end?

That depends upon when you choose to put it down and walk away from
those feelings. Counselling will *really* help in this regard. I
guess it took me 10 years to forgive my ex and to understand the
fears and anger she lived with caused by experiences in her
childhood. Nevertheless, even 18 years later, there are still moments
of pain and anger which arise in me but they are brief and do not
hurt much. In some ways I am glad of them because if we cannot feel
pain then we cannot feel love and I did love her very much and I'm
glad I did, it was a major part of my life and most of it was really
good - but I still cry on those rare occasions I watch our family
videos.

Above all: give yourself time - and it will be years not months.

Go well BW.

Never been in this position and hope I never am. Certainly have had friends going through this and it's never fun. But, sometimes parents end up as better parents when they are away from each other and actually end up getting along better than when they were together.

I can't remember where the quote came from or the context but I remember reading some bloke had said something like "I might not have been very good at marriage, but for my kids I'm going to make sure I'm bloody good at divorce". Meaning that he was going to make sure things were amicable and friendly for the sake of the kids.

Hope it all works out for everyone involved. And although I've never experienced divorce I have been through some fairly major family upheaval and you'd be surprised how every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Yes MH, You still can get them under Medicare...All you need to do is, Speak to your GP and do a K10 Test AND be honest with your answers.. (Google K10 test for info).. They have changed a few things under Medicare after finding a few Dr's were abusing the System but they are still Available and you get 10 visits a year... I just went through the process.... :Y:

LW.... :rainbow:

:Y: :Y: ... MH, thanks for putting it up :Y: ....

The Higher the score the More Screwed Up you are.. :| ...

Seriously Tho, The higher the score, the More Urgent you Need Help... O:)

LW... :rainbow:

lol i got 12 two more than the top ten potassium foods and three more that the dog k9, nothing is anonymous, all recorded through ip address. Best is to talk to somenone as every spring the leafless rose comes to bloom with leaf. Not easy but certainly worth the journey which is golden. Always there is someone to lend an ear, lucky i got heaps of ears and some people have thousands. Ive tried most different ways to grow so the best is the one that suits you and we are all different, thank goodness. Look at a sunrise or sunset and tell me what is wrong....., nothing in my view. So good that there is so much help available on this forum which is why it is GOLDEN, pardon the pun, Safe travels, AUJOURNEY.

Hi Boyd,

Yep you are right when you say "Geez this crap can really get to you and do bad things to you!!".

Good to see you and ex are keeping an amicable relationship, it is most important for the kids. Only tip I could give you is to make sure you contact the child support agency if you dont understand your letters. this is so important and also keep them updated if your income reduces by more than 15% or you change your address of phone number. this is even if your assessment is private collect.

It will all get easier and you still have your kids.
Best of luck though you seem to be going well considering what you have been through.

Sharing for guys is normally the hardest to do - my 10 year relationship ended unexpectedly on boxing day (well for me, for her it ended about 6-12 months earlier). It was a side swipe, and EVERY PERSON is surprised - there is no one else involved, or if there is, it is super quiet - I select to believe there is nothing else going on - her reason - she is just unhappy in the relationship! No further correspondence, dialogue, discussion, counselling will be entered into - bring it up - brick wall. Talk about anything else, not a problem in the world and it is just like old times.

I tell you now, there are some blokes on the forum I reached out to - and it was a god send - just to be able to talk about it, and get it off your chest without interruption. Being able to put your thoughts into an email, or facebook message to a mate also helps.

So, I am in the very early stages, but like most blokes, I want this hurt fixed - NOW... but everyone keeps telling me time will heal it - of course it will, but then that becomes the frustration right - where is that fast forward button.

Someone said earlier that at least now you don't have to seek permission to go detecting - so true.

So sharing is great, and blokes should do it more - the other thing - unfortunately though - we are not alone, many others have also been through similar. So that actually in a strange way works out to be a positive. Trying to turn something into a positive has helped me.

I am only into night three on my own in my new place - still putting things together, working out how to grocery shop, looking for things that are normally at hand, and realising I actually need to go buy tomato sauce, or a pair of scissors etc.

Anyway, just as I have done here - don't be afraid/ashamed/too proud if you are feeling glum to stick a paragraph in this site - just like we would look after each other if something went wrong - I am pretty dam sure the same happens in here - those that are not interested wouldn't be reading it in any case.

I am keen to see how you are tracking BW, gives me a bit of seeing into the future.

BTW, I have learned even more tips from you blokes, just from reading this thread.

I feel for all of you who are experiencing or have. I haven't but like all blokes with good mate's I have experienced it from the mateship side. Jawl your a good man putting up those words of support while experiencing a life changing situation :Y: well said.

Latest posts