Gidday!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all my name is benny and I'm from QLD...I run my own aluminium restoration business so I know all about aluminium oxide LOL
Anyway my youngest Son 13yrs has sprung an interest in gemfinding and has started cabbing stones at the local lapo club..he's got me involved as well...this will keep him off the streets or both of us anyway LOL
He wants to go fossicking and now so do I in fact he's got the whole family aboard..My wife (Melissa and my other two Son's Daniel and Sean)...
Basically I'm a bit of a mug at this game and I've never been fossicking before even though I had an interest in stones when i was knee-high to a grasshopper...I really don't know where to start..
We all want to go like say a 1 week camping holiday (we've been "real" camping plenty of times before) and fossiking alongside a stream where we can have a swim would be ideal..Where happy to do the work thats required to get a couple of gems but a little R&R wouldn't go astray either hence my wife agreeing to come along LOL
I understand in QLD the state governemt wants to ramp up fossicking for tourism reasons (so maybe I can take a highbanker LOL sorry i read that blogg whether its legal or illegal in NSW LOL)..I wouldn't know how to use one anyway LOL
Anyway any guidance or help would be appreciated..:)
cheers
Benny

Welcome aboard Benny :cool: good luck with the new hobby :D once you get started on the camping and fossicking I'm sure everyone will love it :cool:

Googs

Hi Benny, there is also an abundance of information on this forum :) with a great bunch of friendly people ready to help you :) :)

Googs

Welcome to the forum Benny. A family the plays together, stays together, and i can't think of a better playground than a prospectors playground. Feel free to ask the members all the questions you need answers for, and I'm sure you'll be a pro at the game in no time.

Best of luck in that paddock we call the great outdoors,

Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks gain everyone for the welcome I've been reading some bloggs on some potential camping/fossicking grounds around anakie, sapphire, rubyvale and the willows but i don't know if they have creeks to wade or swim in LOL

Latest posts