Gidday all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to prospecting, and having been lurking unregistered on this forum for a month or two, decided its time to get involved and hopefully be able to contribute to the wealth of knowledge contained within :) Suffice to say, I have gained much from reading your posts, and would like to give some back as I get better at this game!
I have been swinging a GPX5000 around Victorias GT every weekend I can for a few months now, and have become quite adept at hunting down shotgun pellets. In fact, I should probably buy a reloading kit. The yellow has proven to be more elusive, and in the last couple of weeks I have started to get some little nuggets in the bag.
So far I have found three nugs, 2 at about 0.1g and one around half a gram, but I am starting to think they were a result of good luck rather than careful planning! I returned to the spot where I found my two 0.1 grammers this week expecting to find more ( they were within 5m of each other) and have so far turned up nothing!
Could this pair have just been randoms in the dirt, or do little nuggets like to hang out in larger groups? Am I simply not working the surrounding area correctly?
I have probably gone off topic a bit here, but that's the summary of my gold experience so far :)
Frustration, elation, and then, frustration:) The dirt seems to give up just enough to keep us hungry.

Welcome SS, I don't hunt that stuff myself(yet), but good luck with it all and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)
I shall begin posting some of my newbie experiences soon, I have learnt a few things that, in hindsight seem simple, but I sure was stumped at the time. Could be useful for other newcomers:)

Latest posts