Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day I'm Jake and thought id jump on and introduce myself.
I live near Albury and my partner and I started panning and fossicking late last year. Have really only been to Reedy Creek so far and am looking to try and find a few different local spots to try come summer.
Struggling to find legal prospecting spots as most creeks/rivers seem to be on the banned list. If you have tips on how to research and find areas that would be great.
Cheers,
Jake

Welcome Jake, can be a bit of a headache to work out at times but there's a huge amount of information available on the forum:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...toria+information&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

I'd just like to say that you're doing a fantastic job as a mod mbasko! Very helpful and positive contributions that are terrific. :)

And welcome to PA Jake. I feel your frustration, going through it myself, but that list should give you plenty to try now, and good luck!

Cheers,
Megsy

I'd just like to say that you're doing a fantastic job as a mod mbasko! Very helpful and positive contributions that are terrific. :)

And welcome to PA Jake. I feel your frustration, going through it myself, but that list should give you plenty to try now, and good luck!

Cheers,
Megsy
Many thanks for the kind words Megsy.
I've got to say it's the members here that make it an easy job.
It's been great to see some new members willing to ask questions & share experiences too!

G'day I'm Jake and thought id jump on and introduce myself.
I live near Albury and my partner and I started panning and fossicking late last year. Have really only been to Reedy Creek so far and am looking to try and find a few different local spots to try come summer.
Struggling to find legal prospecting spots as most creeks/rivers seem to be on the banned list. If you have tips on how to research and find areas that would be great.
Cheers,
Jake
yes i do reedy creek also from wagga and its only the size of pepper, slatey creek is the other place near creswick but you have to watch your stuff down there as it can get stollen very easily as the t==== come up from ballerat as i am in thesame boat would like to go where there is some size if it produces they seem to make it out of bounds at least vic you can use a motorised high banker

Latest posts