Gidday all! Looking for advice from the wise please!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening everyone. I am new to page and am seeking advice please. My partner, myself and brother in law are looking to go detecting for approx 3 weeks soon. we will be camping and did consider palmerville station but their rules state no smoking. We respect their concerns probably for fire risk, littering etc but we are careful, respectful people and all three of us do smoke. We wanted to know if anyone else had been to palmerville as a smoker and had that issue. Also wanting to know if there was anywhere else someone would recommend trying our luck....

Hi mate and Welcome to PA.
In regards to no smoking, I do not remember that stated anywhere??
Sure there are strict fire control protocols in place, but I do not believe a blanket ban on smoking is one of those conditions??

Gimme a moment to enquire further for you.

Edit:
I have found that sentence in the contract.
I have emailed for clarification.

Last edited:
Yeah @The geezer , I think you are right with the contract that is written to protect the 'operators' in the event of any mishap.
They allow you to light your own fire at your camp and the Rangers will even drop off timber, so I think common sense should prevail.
But hey, I sent them the question, lets see what they say???

Latest posts