Getting Harrassed While Detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The self defence alarms are one of the best options that has been spoken about in my opinion, it will attract attention from far and wide and hopefully someone would assist in some way. :Y: :Y: I am going to look at some for our own use, just in case.

Graham

Was looking on Fleabay this morning before work for pepper spray. Couldn't find any though. Those alarms though popped up and will get a couple of them. Could of sworn I put my location in my info, I'm in Hervey Bay. As for the Roadies, I reckon if they had of stepped in it would of escalated real fast. I have seen this bloke around before. I've seen him chuck a tanty before as well. From a distance though

My wife originally bought these alarms as a deterrent to attacks by unconfined dogs on the street.
We don't know what effect it has on dogs yet but it would bring the neighbors out (plenty of witnesses for the court case). :perfect:

Sorry to hear this Feral. Getting out of harm's way is not backing down. The cops needed to sort him out or at lest become aware of him. There may be others at risk when no one else is around.

The personal alarm is a good idea particularly if you are in an isolated spot and can't get away to use your phone.

Sorry to hear of your experience feral. But it is best to walk away in a situation like that.
Can't say I have ever experienced anything like that. Most people want to know if you"ve found anything worthwhile. I just show them the junk and explain I'm cleaning up the general area.

To be clear, in my post I was not advocating Homicide, and certainly not "attacking" anyone.

In the event that you need to defend yourself or another person, and there is no another way out, if the attacker is not 'deliberately' killed
my understanding it may likely be classed as manslaughter of various degree's to be decided..

IE, If you punched or pushed someone away and they fell and smashed the back of their head on a rock or concrete path edge and they died,
it was not your intent for their death.
If you are overwhelmed by force or ferocity of an attack you could respond in defence with an item that becomes a weapon and it would likely be 'justified'.

But even though 'pepper spray' is not legal in NSW, it does seem that the Courts may not be that hung up on it, if it was not used or intended to
be used in a malicious way.

Sorry to say but I would rather provide pepper spray to my family and train them in its use, than have them end up in hospital or worse
because of some a...hole.

Even when Kato is left alone to detect, I refresh her on how to escape or defend if she needs to, with the items she would be carrying.
90% of the time she is carrying her plug digging spade even in the middle of the city, it is for digging, but given she is a child I advocate
that she can use it for self defence if needed, and shown her how.
Not a supervised activity, and things happen in seconds, she has permission to respond appropriately if needed.
First choice is to dump and run, of course.

This is a terrible subject, but unfortunately although we are all angels, there are bad people out there that just dont care, for what ever reason.

:/

Latest posts