General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh great, that should get here about when I get up Saturday morning. On the bright side, it should turn the beach over and maybe even wash some gold into the gullies.

Holy crap it's wild here! Hop they're getting some rain out of this where it's needed!

1536561481_a4bc380b-25fb-4f10-8a5c-c3839c6beed2.jpg

This is the weather forecast for this he next week here in my area

The nights look the best for detecting I'd knock up quick in that heat, something you need to be conditioned to I'm thinking. If I do get out in those temperatures it's either really early or later in the day /evening for me.

Been doing stuff around the house today soaking up the warmest day I have seen in a while, I think it topped out at (only) 19C in Bathurst today but it felt really warm and oddly enough I look like I got a bit of sunburn. Wont be long and Ill be cursing the 40C days feeding the sluice. :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Yes it is going to be a very long hot summer.....
We have been getting mid 30's for most of August ...
This year we may even get some 56deg days .....

I am about 120k south of Port Hedland....
Will be here for another 2 years unless I win lotto.....lol

Doug,
I. Have been following your travels.....
Stay safe and enjoy the trip....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

LW,

The basic rule up here is if you are drinking water and not pissing you aren't drinking enough water.....

Me today I filled my 3l camelback twice and my 5l water bottle once......
When it gets a bit warmer the camelback will be filled more often I usually top it up from the 5l bottle....

as for tools down when it get to 37 that doesn't happen....you would never get anything done.....

You keep a good eye on your mates and make sure they are drinking water......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Can understand the requirement for water Jim. Back in the early 2000's I was working in Iraq and each day I would have to put another block, 12 x 1.5 lt bottles, into the truck. It was about 50 each day in summer.

Cheers

Doug

Not Wittenoom that is a couple of hrs south .....
At Wodgina doing an upgrade....
Bloody windy here today at least it take the edge off the heat.....

Nanjim said:
Not Wittenoom that is a couple of hrs south .....
At Wodgina doing an upgrade....
Bloody windy here today at least it take the edge off the heat.....

Wodgina lithium mine hey? still in the middle of the bloody oven. The Pilbara is not a comfortable place after xmas. Last trip I did to FMG Kings minesite in Feb 2016 I tried to stand in the shade of a large steel column. That was worse than standing in the sun due to the extra radiated heat from the steel. It was over 50c around the plant that day.
Hope you get out of there before xmas. Full respect to the mad bastards that work out there all year round

Ded Driver,

Mate I have been in and out of The Pilbara for the last 20 odd years...
Have another 2 maybe 3 years here...
This summer is going to be a good one lol

Latest posts