General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goulburn got 60mm in a thunderstorm last Friday, but a lot of people just out of town, who really needed it, got bugger all.

So far we are just over the average for this time of year,

12mm one day and 7mm the next! :Y:
Doesn't sound a great deal but an absolute life saver.

Went for a lap yesterday and green pick coming up everywhere. Cattle have scattered, water in the creeks and some tracks now cut. Got the perentie sideways a few times :8

We just finished watering the garden and then got 8mm of rain, might get some more yet.

1552990953_20190319_174447-800x600.jpg

1552990997_20190319_174559-800x600.jpg

Everytyhing is wet now. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Well, we certainly haven't gotten any rain from up north, 2.7mm yesterday to take us to nearly 13mm for the year although the north east of SA got 42mm.
Wishful, did you get any on Yorkes?

Just got 9mm of rain on Sunday/Monday and nothing for the last 8 weeks. I was about to get 17 thousand litres carted in but hoping for this weekend.
Central highlands VIC.

Manpa said:
Well, we certainly haven't gotten any rain from up north, 2.7mm yesterday to take us to nearly 13mm for the year although the north east of SA got 42mm.
Wishful, did you get any on Yorkes?
13mm for the year so far is nutz and im complaining we had no rain for 2 months.

Swinging & digging said:
Victoria is missing out on much needed rain.
Send it down here please. ;)

I know it's a thread about rain but geez we sure need it down in Vic alright at the moment.
Sick of digging what feels like cement.
Had to take a detour last weekend due to a fatality (RIP) and this was the state of Creswick creek.

1553587691_20190324_152942.jpg

SC75 said:
Just got 9mm of rain on Sunday/Monday and nothing for the last 8 weeks. I was about to get 17 thousand litres carted in but hoping for this weekend.
Central highlands VIC.

The predictions (last September) were for a long hot dry summer and they got that spot on. The predictions for Autumn are dry with lower than average rainfall so buying in water might be the go to keep the family happy. Can you buy it in smaller volume, hopefully we see decent rain sooner rather than later. How long would 17k litres stretch, we use 22k about every 10 weeks. There's 4 of us and then visitors and grand kids who are constant :lol: when we have had to buy in the past (about 5 times in 16 years) 10k to 14k has always got us through. When there was 7 of us (3 teenage daughters) it was amazing how quickly the tank would need topping up. Found the bath half full one dry summer and asked why to hear the response one of the girls had to shave her legs :8 8.( :mad: :( :lol:

Weve had close to 300 mm this month. Its been close to a normal wet this year which we havent had for many years. Not much good for concreters but it is good to see things getting closer to how it used to be. Lots of Barra being caught which is a healthy sign as well. I hope you guys who need a drink get your turn soon. All the best

RM Outback said:
SC75 said:
Central highlands VIC.

The predictions (last September) were for a long hot dry summer and they got that spot on. The predictions for Autumn are dry with lower than average rainfall so buying in water might be the go to keep the family happy. Can you buy it in smaller volume, hopefully we see decent rain sooner rather than later. How long would 17k litres stretch, we use 22k about every 10 weeks. There's 4 of us and then visitors and grand kids who are constant :lol: when we have had to buy in the past (about 5 times in 16 years) 10k to 14k has always got us through. When there was 7 of us (3 teenage daughters) it was amazing how quickly the tank would need topping up. Found the bath half full one dry summer and asked why to hear the response one of the girls had to shave her legs :8 8.( :mad: :( :lol:
We moved out bush from Bacchus Marsh just over a year ago on 10 acres RM and last summer our tanks were full but this summer just about out.
The previous owner lived here from 92 and only got water carted in once but i've got 3 kids and a very thirsty dog and yeah its been a dry summer but what can you do.
Just have to get some water carted in i suppose and the misses and kids want a inground swimming pool :N: :poop:

SC75 said:
RM Outback said:
SC75 said:
Central highlands VIC.

We moved out bush from Bacchus Marsh just over a year ago on 10 acres RM and last summer our tanks were full but this summer just about out.
The previous owner lived here from 92 and only got water carted in once but i've got 3 kids and a very thirsty dog and yeah its been a dry summer but what can you do.
Just have to get some water carted in i suppose and the misses and kids want a inground swimming pool :N: :poop:

Yeah I hear you on the pool request, managed to avoid it :) until 6 months ago and Kate brought home a spa tub :Y: at least it will require less water :power:. Tell them if they really want a pool it'd be a smart idea to put in 2 or 3extra tanks or just one large one. If you do go down the path of adding a tank/s do some research, there was a CFA rebate about 10 years ago. I know a bloke who put in a 20,000gl tank with a CFA draught coupling at the base and his draught point was above the 10k litre mark, always ensuring water for CFA use if necessary. If they do draught water from memory they replace it, include it in any research if you do look into it. He made a base and put down retaining boards then put down crushed rock and whacked it, all up at the time from memory it cost him about 12k but after he applied the rebate around 6k or7k. Even if you don't go down the pool path but want more water it's worth looking into :Y:

Latest posts