General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussiefarmer said:
I always get all my wood in august september , split and stacked up over the summer makes it burn awesome , i like to have 15ton there because if i do an injury coming into winter atleast i know i will be warm :D

My old man always said get your wood cut split and stacked in the shed way before winter sets in .He said ya never know what could happen . Could be as simple as being to wet get in the bush or paddock to get it .So Aussiefarmer im hearing where your coming from.

Wishful, same in Adelaide, wind picked up last hour, one heavy quick shower, didn't amount to much, 1.25mm, hope there is more on the way. Cockys on YP would be looking for a bit more rain I assume.

So windy i just watched a chicken lay the same egg 3 times down here! Stay away from big trees and keep warm all.

Manpa said:
Wishful, same in Adelaide, wind picked up last hour, one heavy quick shower, didn't amount to much, 1.25mm, hope there is more on the way. Cockys on YP would be looking for a bit more rain I assume.
Just a quick shower here but cold and very windy. Yep farmers are really looking for rain atm. We are way way down on our average rainfall this year.
Normally we would be walking around in mud at this time of the year. Went out wood collecting two days ago and the roads are still kicking up dust.

About mid January I heard a long range forecaster say that this winter would be the coldest in many years in Eastern Australia. It looks like he was perty right in that prediction. :eek:

Eased of here now only 5-8 kms, best we had according to my station was 30kms, grand total of 2 mm of rain, blue skies all afternoon.
A fizzer really.

Damn just copped it here about an hour ago. Was near cowering in the corner with my namesake. Havent seen wind like that in a long time. Backed off a bit now but still blowin,sheds still there so all good.

South Gippsland Vic. Bit of elevation where we are so cop it pretty good. Luckily I think the trees are used to it so they make some nasty noises but generally stay up.

Wishfull said:
More wind coming Friday. 90 - 100 kph
from around 10:00 am. I'm well over these cold winds. :rolleyes:

Same here Wishfull I'm over it and really enjoying the calm days not that that's often this year :N:.

Latest posts