General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out they showed it on the Project too, pity we didn't get to see the aftermath, I wonder if the camera failed on impact :lol: :Y:

7.62marksman said:
i got 6" running through my back yard and still going
thats what happens when you live in the last house at the bottom of the hill :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(
The side of my place has a river flowing on and off with my GF mum's wood chips floating out the door :lol: :lol: She'll be back at flower power the first sunny day to keep them in business
Since two storms ago we have frogs breeding in the bromelaids now, I've got to be careful at night after the rain from them sitting on the pavers
I've almost stood on one of the little guys :eek: Still can't get a good pick of them though :rolleyes: think I need to pull a tripod out
There's two in that one right now
1489659436_frogs_001.jpg

And that's the guard frog protecting the tadpoles :8
1489659436_frogs_002.jpg

Their loving the rain

Yeah funny how weather can change so rapidly, Friday morning it was going to be a low or cat 1 crossing tonight 2 days later cat 4 and Tuesday morning crossing, evacuations and state government getting involved calling it most dangerous system since Yasi. The line up for dump today in Townsville was more than 4 kms long. I know we have had a quite few years but it seems most of us up here were caught by surprise with this one and not prepared. Waiting game now, be safe everyone up this way.

At least the ground is soft Roy ! :Y:
Bitta gaffa tape and a snaplock goes a long way towards rectification during the wet, as does a towel in the car to put on the seat. The Ace can be used in torrential Queensland tropical downpours when it's dressed up like that ,... but mind you, the rain up here can be nice and warm once your wet already, sorta like a sweaty day ! :lol:

Hi SB I got out for a swing today first time in a while only came home with a BB and some trash but all good had to jove up when my wrist started to play up thats what happens when you have fracture it twice befor :mad: but it was still fun to get out
Looking foward to going again soon I hope

Good on ya Roy ..any day for a swing is a good day :Y: I got a trip planed sunday morning 2am at my new found beach area...Forcast looks good ...But you cant trust a weather man :Y:

4th day of Sun here, very warm spent a whole day down at the surf beach yesterday with the family and had an awesome time. We've got rain forecast for the weekend. :(

Latest posts