General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's p*^g down now and with hail. Black as a dogs guts.

1475041727_2016-09-28_15.14.44.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice.
Just as the kids come out of school naturally.

Wishfull said:
Lots of rain and lightning atm, not that much wind yet.

Check out the warnings for SA Whishfull, around Hawker and Leigh Creek. Expecting wind speeds of upto 140km with hail storm. Posted on the BOM around 3pm. Stay safe

Stay Safe down there all of you

Mr SA BOGAN/PAULMARR

you might get some sand removed

MR T (Mark)

The state interconnect has been hit by lightning, and as an unprecedented result, SA is without power, freaken unbelievable. :mad:

Using my mobile by candlelight. :rolleyes:

Power outage apparently will be ongoing until 0:415 Thursday . Somehow doubt it. The strange thing is that time is when the major front is supposed to hit us. I'm running my phone on one of those power bank chargers. Lots of battery lights. Kids don't understand why TVs etc. won't work lol.

Just a heads up for you eastern state people. Get gensets and batteries ready cos you are next in line.

Yep. where did i put them now?
Blyth just had a tornado hit them that's sll I know about that one. Wilmington near Port Pirie just had a shed get blown away plus a camper trailer.
Rope down your caravans.
More to come. Stay tuned.

Bit of rain in Kyneton. No probs. I don't fall for the "OMG the world is going to end!!!" BS from the weather person any more. They spend their time coming up with the this is why the world didn't end as we said it would malarkey rather than spend time on accurate forecasts. The look out the window method is far more accurate. Besides, nothing stops me from prospecting when the need arises.

Hi All sound and light show over reedy creek ne vic at the moment and getting some rain. no good for the farmers with hay down at the moment. cheers reedy creek.

Yes I planned too go for a swing this morning but its been raining gor a few hours and just checked the radar and ots not going to let up for some time?

I live near Ballarat,and our season is about 3 weeks behind other years going by records.
New Zealand are expecting 1mt of snow on the alps in the south island,winter is still hanging about.
Last week things were drying out,was hoping that a bit of dryblowing would not be too far off,I guess we just have to wait.

Latest posts