G'day from Victoria...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, hopefully this post is in the right spot. I thought I'd join the forum as I'm new to detecting and would like to learn as much as I can from those who have been doing it for longer than I have.

Recently I bought a White's GMT Goldmaster (first ever detector) after doing a fair bit of research online and being a decent detector for what I could afford at present.

After using it for hours in my backyard on targets (bits of tin, sinkers, nails and small gold I panned from paydirt I bought from ebay) I placed around the place, I finally worked the detector out.

Went up to Heathcote the other weekend and after about 2 - 3 hours, found a little piece of gold weighing .10 grams. I'll be heading up to Bendigo in the next couple of weeks, just have to work out exactly where.

Anyway, as I said, I'm here to read (and eventually join in on some conversations) and try and learn some more about what I need to be doing and what not to do.

Cheers.

Welcome dj9,
You will find this forum and the members
of it both friendly and knowledgeable.
Make sure you contribute regulary and ask
any question you need to even if it seems
simple.
Advice and encouragement followed by humour
will arrive very quickly.
Cheers Steve :)

Hi dj9, welcome. Tons of reading, entertainment, you can even laugh at some of our jokes. It's great you have your 1st piece of gold. Let there be many more nuggets and good times .
Jaros :p

Cheers Stoyve, I'm sure I'll get a lot out of this forum as it looks pretty busy.

And yes, I'm sure the advice, encouragement and humour will arrive quickly, I look forward to it.

Thanks Jaros, after finding a tiny bit of gold, the gold bug has definitely bitten and I can't wait to get back out there again.

G'day !

This forum is such a wealth of information and plenty of helpfulness.
Wish you all the best of luck

Happy prospecting ! :)

Have a look around the Forum DJ there are probably maps telling you where the gold is(ha), hope you do well.

good on ya mate welcome aboard enjoy the forum and the great people who are part of it
GT :)

Good on you at Bendigo John Tully does a very good map of the Whipstick forest many places to hunt for gold regards john :)

Thanks for all of the welcomes guys.

Maps of the Bendigo area are probably what I'll be looking for this week, before I head up there this Saturday.

Still virgin patches on the opposite side of the city from spring gully to the big lake (shh its a secret between you and me) but whipstick has notoriety for a reason. Good luck take home some beautiful Triangle gold.

Hey Panda, one of the places on my shortlist is around near Spring Gully.

Have you visited the area much?

Latest posts