G'day fellow prospectors!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just want to say hello to the members of prospectingaustralia. Thank you for the tips and information given.
I've been prospecting for the last 20 years. Panning, sluicing and detecting. My largest piece of gold I found weighed 32oz which I found with a GP Extreme with a 14"DD about 10 years ago. That was a real buzz. Any way I moved and stopped swinging shortly after that find. Actually it helped fund the move.
A couple of months ago I got out for a swing for the first time in years, had ago of a SDC2300 and a GPX4500. Two weeks later I bought a GPX4500. I've been out 3 times now for a total of 16.3g
I'm so happy to get this illness back, to be honest I can not stop thinking about detecting. It's going to be a bit harder being 4.5hrs away from the gold fields but that ain't going to stop me.
Thanks again for a great forum. Reading this site helps keep my thirst quenched between gold trips.

Welcome Hedigs, sounds like a doozy of a time (that big one), and doing well straight off the bat getting into it again too.
Nice crisp photo when your up to it ,... we be all anticipatory now for sure, recon I can speak for all of us on this one (the photos) ! 8) 8) :)

Gday Silver, i think i need to post so many times before i can upload a photo but i will give it a shot.
1462711658_big_nugs.jpg

Hope this works:)

They are very pretty ,.. maybe old photos, but they do the job well hey ! :eek: 8) :cool:

Thanks Silver Chewy and ozziii, up until i found those big bits the largest nugget i had ever found was a 7 gram bit. It really was a surreal moment in my life of prospecting. The only problem i have now is finding a nugget bigger then my biggest bit. :)

that's just awesome bud, I have just brought my first minelab(older gp3000) but cant use it for a while as I just lost my license for 6 months, hopefully one day I will get an ounce 32 is just too big to imagine right now.
cheers Nick

Hi Hedigs- I used to surf with a passion. I picked up my Avatar name at Sunset Beach from some Yankee mates, but crook back and knee stopped all that around 5 years ago. Hung up my boards for a GPX 4500 and rarely look back. Absolutely loved seeing your pics - keeps the flame burning.

Struth, you'd need a big truck to carry that fella. Welcome by the way. hhahah very nice indeed.

Latest posts