Frustrating!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spend a lot of my time researching where I can go and I cannot.
Heck, I repaired a broken fence because I was given the privilege
of being allowed on that private property.
Oh, And I straightened out a few gates as well.
I can still to this day, Welcome to go on that property.
As long as I call in and have a yarn that I am good at. LOL

Detectist said:
Can understand your frustration. You handled that with a lot of dignity and forbearance.

Most of us from the east are like that (I assume/hope).

We'll be in the general area (not on that station) and already have our 40e and will notify the pastoralist.

A very big oops - "Most of us from the east are NOT like that (I assume/hope)."

Not everyone will agree but I think it's a good move. Why shouldn't people have to have permission and be responsible on another persons property - even if it is leased.

As far as informing a mining company about my 200 ounce patch - that might be a little different :lol: :lol:

Just had another big shower go through here MT, I just looked at the weather map and Menzies is copping it along with Ora B and Kal, so you guys might get a little bit yet,
Good to see your slumming it in the big smoke, LOL.

What we are against is the prospectors making all these blasted extra tracks all over the property, they think it's their god given right just to make a road where they see something of interest. Like Madtuna said there before we aren't against the blokes coming out and metal detecting but with the extra roads and extra people it's hard trying to keep tabs on everyone in a security sense.
We caught 4 blokes (not prospectors)near our place about 3 weeks ago with a cow they had butchered and put in their ute. aaaaaagh!!! that cheeses me off big time, we are trying to quieten them down so it makes easier handling and this shite happens, it seems like we are doing them a favour by having quiet cattle.
Another old mate who "is" a prospector was camped on the water point for the cattle and got antsy when asked to pack his gear and leave the area where the cattle water, "but where do I go for a bath?" was his reply. People wonder why pastoralists get their knickers in a twist when this is happening all the time.

Yep. And you get the very same people lecturing e anyone who will listen " the right thing to do".
I carry a garbage bin from bunnings. Cheap as chips. Will get another one, they make great storage containers to. As for camping on water, you learn up here that its not really a good idea anyway. Flies, mozzies,crocs,pigs,buffs,cattle all want water, usually at dusk or in the night.

Can't understand the mentality of some people - Fullarton River FNQ is a great spot to fossick for Garnets - its on private property, a Cattle Station, but access is permitted to fossickers. The only rules' 48 hour max stay, no fires and take your rubbish with you. Now all those going there, enjoying the hospitality of the Station Owners are obviously into gem stones and more than likely will return on another occasion as the garnets there are a beautiful mulberry colour and cut into showpiece stones.
When I went there it amazed me how much rubbish was left and how many fires had been lit (I heard a story of a Qld Gem Club who went there and bathed in the cattle trough - may be an urban myth but if true the arrogance and stupidity is beyond belief )/ My immediate thought was ' these people would be the first to moan if the Property owner got fed up and denied access'.

I sympathise with any property owner who has to put up with s%&t like that and wouldn't blame them for denying entry - access to private property is a privilege not a right and any rules the property owner sets, over and above what is acceptable and normal common sense courtesy, should be obeyed.

"......who went there and bathed in the cattle trough.... "

That happens, but at least it's not as bad as drilling 20+ little holes in the poly pipe running from the mill into the tank so they can shower under it

madtuna said:
"......who went there and bathed in the cattle trough.... "

That happens, but at least it's not as bad as drilling 20+ little holes in the poly pipe running from the mill into the tank so they can shower under it
F*rk<n Bogans, ruining it for everybody ! :mad:

Fullerton River was closed for a while last year due to some F$#@% cutting up his fence posts for firewood.... I couldn't believe some idiot would do that.. Too lazy to drive down the road to gather Wood.... All is good For Now ... But if this keeps happening the Property Owner Will close this place off to Every-one. :( .. We are lucky he is one of the nice Blokes that have had to put up with these idiots... but his patience is getting a bit thin.. :|

LoneWolf....

Jaros said:
Too many Bogans out there. :N:

Bogans don't know how to get out of their comfort zone (the couch with a bong and some ice sitting near it) to venture that far beyond the city limits.

It's generally people who have intelligence enough to get beyond the city limits and then feel isolated from every thing they take for granted. To the point they loose all the morals they preach at home :N:

Maybe it will come a time when only association members will have access to these places.
Is there a national association for prospectors?

MT 1-2% - I was wishing I think

reynard said:
i just get bloody annoyed when we all get lumped in the same sewer as these idiots who take no responsibility for their actions and think the bush is theirs to trash as they like

No argument there, but that's the same in everything we do. We who own guns are all Martin Bryants waiting to explode. We're males so we must commit domestic violence. etc etc etc.

As far as prospectors go I can only relate what I see on this station and what the mining companies plus the other stations tell me and it's not flattering to the prospecting community.

Out of 100 or more prospectors who visit this station each year, well last year I think it was 5 who bothered to ring.
Regis Resources says of the reports you are supposed to hand back after you leave they are lucky to get 1 in 50, and that's from the ones who do actually seek permission or get 40E's.
The worse mess left I've even seen was from a paid tour group.

Minarra fairs worse than we do

Madtuna, I for one would consider it a privilege to be able to visit your station one day to try my luck, if only to prove that some of us aren't tarred with the same brush as these inconsiderate jerks.
Finding some colour would be a bonus.
I enjoy reading your informative posts on the trials and tribulations of everyday life on a remote WA station.
Cheers Adrian. :Y:

Latest posts