Frustrating!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been over west yet and fear that in the future my options will be limited by the actions of those with no respect(seems to be all to common nowadays)I feel ashamed to call myself a prospector when I hear of these things happening ,growing up and living on the land I can understand why areas are being locked up by the appalling behavior of some people. I can't get my head around the fact of a paid tour group doing that sort of shit. Fing disgraceful

OzzieAu said:
Madtuna, I for one would consider it a privilege to be able to visit your station one day to try my luck, if only to prove that some of us aren't tarred with the same brush as these inconsiderate jerks.
Finding some colour would be a bonus.
I enjoy reading your informative posts on the trials and tribulations of everyday life on a remote WA station.
Cheers Adrian. :Y:

Always welcome Adrian as is everyone.
I know not everyone is like the idiots, just very disheartening seeing what goes on every season.

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the wrong thing by posting it on forums but then I think getting it out and the comments from others also shows that the majority don't tolerate it either.
Also, every year I come across members from various forums where they shouldn't be, leaving holes open, leaving a mess, not ringing etc and then see them back on the forums complaining about mess and open holes. Maybe it will wake them up.

I hear stories about agro over the top pastoralists, but then I see what the pastoralists have to put up with and understand why some are that way.

Bjay said:
I've never been over west yet and fear that in the future my options will be limited by the actions of those with no respect(seems to be all to common nowadays)I feel ashamed to call myself a prospector when I hear of these things happening ,growing up and living on the land I can understand why areas are being locked up by the appalling behavior of some people. I can't get my head around the fact of a paid tour group doing that sort of shite. Fing disgraceful

Tour operator was made to drive back about 500klms or so to clean it up.
And yeah I worry about our future over here too cause I can see where it's heading. I would hate to see prospecting shut down. I'm 53 this year, too old to get a job.

Can't understand the mentality of some people - Fullarton River FNQ is a great spot to fossick for Garnets - its on private property, a Cattle Station, but access is permitted to fossickers. The only rules' 48 hour max stay, no fires and take your rubbish with you. Now all those going there, enjoying the hospitality of the Station Owners are obviously into gem stones and more than likely will return on another occasion as the garnets there are a beautiful mulberry colour and cut into showpiece stones.
When I went there it amazed me how much rubbish was left and how many fires had been lit (I heard a story of a Qld Gem Club who went there and bathed in the cattle trough - may be an urban myth but if true the arrogance and stupidity is beyond belief )/ My immediate thought was ' these people would be the first to moan if the Property owner got fed up and denied access'.

I sympathise with any property owner who has to put up with s%&t like that and wouldn't blame them for denying entry - access to private property is a privilege not a right and any rules the property owner sets, over and above what is acceptable and normal common sense courtesy, should be obeyed.

Latest posts