From across the ditch...Not another B@#y Kiwi???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Love the forum, well done to all that are making this work.
I've recently come over from NZ to the Central coast NSW and intend staying here for the long haul. I haven't done so much Gold prospecting or fossicking as hunting out the general rocks and minerals NZ has to offer but have always wanted to.
My Folks were South Islanders and my dad often told stories of going for a bike ride, shooting a couple of rabbits for the weekend, camping under a tarp and panning a favorite spot that generally yielded around 2 oz for his weekends efforts...now by today's standards, at around $1200 oz not a bad weekends fossicking.
I've studied first year geology at Varsity and so have a basic idea of what most rocks and minerals are but if like I am at the moment, just surrounded by sandstone....i doubt that i'm going to have much luck.
Is there anybody out there, preferably NSW that wants to take a newbie under their wing as far as quartz based or alluvial gold fossicking more so that I can get my head around proper etiquette and law as much as anything else.
I believe there are worth while areas both to the north and south of me but where to start???

Welcome muzza007 look through some older threads and you will get your bearings. I do believe you shite the bed this morning...lol earliest post yet hahaha you have to post 10 postes to gain full access mate happy hunting. :D

Welcome Bro ;)
Keep an eye out in the members meet up section, there is always someone heading out for a fossick and looking for others to join in :)
Enjoy your stay Muz.

Latest posts