First gold.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jackthehound said:
Good to see you got everything sorted out. I walked a lot of miles not finding anything and it is very disheartening. You start doubting yourself and if what you are doing is right, then you blame the machine you are using. I never realised how much a "mental" thing detecting is.

Just be confident and carry a .5 or 1 grammer. Check
your detector, before You head out. Not sure about
something just ask a question and take it from
there.

Remember one thing. The old timers walked into
the fields and they Walked back out so gold could
be anywhere. Nuggets could of dropped
On the floor out of pockets and so on.

Detect before the diggings, get yourself a
high banker and try the creeks nearby in
winter while there is water about.

So ask yourself when you arrive. Where would
it be obvious A modern day newbie prospector
would go and go elsewhere then ask Yourself
whats the most popular type coil and use
something like A dd which is not as sensitive
but covers the ground evenly.

Its my opinion more nuggets are found with the
point of the mono But i think some is being missed
as well due to the v of the mono.

Hope this helps.

Hi all

I'm new to this gold detecting and was thinking
About heading out around hill end somewhere !

As I live in sydney and its not to much of a drive
With the wife and kids .

I would appreciate it if someone could point me
In the right direction , as I have no idea where you
Can or can't detect !

Thanks
Gilly

swifty said:
Hey Richard swifty again mate got back from hill end over Easter found the first one just under a gram great feeling my wife and I were together when we found it it was really good still finding a lot of bullets but were talking about our next trip back to Victoria a lot of planing so looking forward to it catch up soon mate

Good work mate, it is a blast when you find that first piece.

Wife and I are back in Sydney at the moment, we bought a new camper trailer and waiting to pick it up, fingers crossed we get it tomorrow. We are then heading off to Broken Hill then up to Milparinka and Tibooburra.

Make sure you do get back down south, Dunolly is a great place and the people in the van park are very friendly.

Good Luck mate, hope to catch up soon.

Cheers mate great feeling the first one what there saying about hill end over Easter the amount of people was unreal I remember about 30 years ago when cows were walking down the street now I couldn't believe it there are porches and Mercedes in the main street talking to the publican 250 meals on the Saturday night good for them still a great place and I traveled 2500klm from Airlie beach and to find my first piece was great and to do it with my mum and dad who are 76 and still going camping and my brothers and a couple of uncles it was great hope to talk soon on another find for your self or me cheers buddy good luck Swifty....$$$

hey swifty you didn't happen to call into nuggets from down under (central west prospecting supplies) on your way through mudgee

Latest posts