First gold SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
Thanks golddiggerart, yeah a great feeling. Hardluck, i didn't find the specs where wolfrau suggested, sorry if i implied that. I just went and worked a surfaced area as he suggested i should. I do intend to check out the area he did suggest down track a bit though. Where he did really help was telling me what to look for and how to work the ground.

No probs mate. This is Victoria after all. There is gold everywhere. Just a matter of putting the time in to look for it.

I don't want to throw a dart at my newish table so I'll flick a spec of tomato sauce at these maps and take it from there. :D

iTavtl91YZJVyTXP4RE_dIr2qvm_w2mZRSv_JjyBOUg=w1542-h867-no

Cheers prospectorpete, appreciate that. Hey hardluck, it was in that approx. area, just not that spot wolfau suggested i go. Think i'll be hitting wolfaus suggested area as soon as i have a full day or two. It looks a pretty big area.

Well done mate, nothing like getting some runs on the board.
They will flow now you got that sound down pat.

You have a good set of ears on you Scrounger, those bits are great going for the SDC.

I chased a few phantom signals in the early days and gave up thinking it must have been ground noise but now that I am wiser and have bagged similar sized pieces it is a necessity to give yourself a good lay down area for your diggings as those small ones can be frustrating to locate.

Good luck breaking the gram barrier.

Thanks Wally69, went out again today for a few hours and got two specs that were even smaller again. Now i know what i'm listening for i'm picking those small specs up through the ear speakers. Trouble i'm having is finding them once they're in the scoop. One of those today took about half an hour to locate after i'd dumped and missed it over and over when trying to locate it amongst the dirt. They get any smaller and i'm going to need new specs.

SCROUNGER said:
Thanks all. Got the bug proper now. See why they call it 'gold fever'.
Good to hear. No better feeling than when it comes together. Keep that sdc working mate.

Latest posts