Faceting machine talk and ideas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its half inch rod and no where near rigid enough. you need to go 19-20mm at least. I built it to retrofit a faceting head to a concave base made by polymetrics.
Think small thread pitch with your height adjustments. you will need two. one for rapid angle changes and one for cheating.All else looks good. make a larger handpiece for manual operations.

You guys being the gurus, ive posted a machine question in the lapidary section re advice on a faceting and cabbing machine. Any advice appreciated!

That's good to know. This design is based on 16mm rods, since the machine is meant for small stones (and I don't plan on using it manually or on anything larger than 6mm) I think it will do since this beast will only do SRB's and square/baguettes. For a manual one to cut manlier rough I'll definitely use your experience and build around 20mm steel shafts. Twin vertical adjustment sounds mandatory indeed. Thanks a lot for the advice :)

Latest posts