Email account suspended.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotrob

Rob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm after advise/help from anyone. My email account was hacked & Microsoft (I think) have suspended my account.
To re establish my account I have to receive a security code sent to another email address as mine is suspended. I then have to enter this code & supply info re old emails sent, name, age & passwords used with this account.
The password I'm supplying I'm not sure of as I had to change it a while back but all other details are correct including security code.
After submitting my request I continually get back a message saying "You have not satisfied our team that you are the person connected to this account. Please try again supplying the correct info".
This has been going on for nearly two weeks & I'm getting nowhere.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Rob.

Hi Jaros,

Yes as I said the account is suspended & no emails are coming through to me.
I didn't know there was a support number ....... I'll give it a try.
Thanks.

Rob.

This happened to my friend not long ago....in the end it was easier to get a new email address

If calling their support centre doesn't work for you just set up a Gmail account.
It's a bugger when everyone knows your email and has to be advised of a new one but better than none.
We use 2 different accounts and one can be used to "satisfy" their requests when problems occur (rarely in our case).

No joy with 13 20 58. :/
Just an automated message saying that "email password problems have to sorted out online".
Rob.

Is it possible that you triggered this whole schemozzle by responding to a scammer's notification of a then non-existent hack? In which case everything since then is just you being played to get as much data from you as they can?

If I were in your shoes, I'd use AirTasker to find someone with solid online expertise to resolve this matter. The place is full of geeks looking for jobs and you can check their AT references for past customer comments.

grubstake said:
Is it possible that you triggered this whole schemozzle by responding to a scammer's notification of a then non-existent hack? In which case everything since then is just you being played to get as much data from you as they can?

If I were in your shoes, I'd use AirTasker to find someone with solid online expertise to resolve this matter. The place is full of geeks looking for jobs and you can check their AT references for past customer comments.

It is not worth it grubstake. Once it gets to this stage the account will be unrecoverable. I've seen it plenty of times before.

Had this same message just last week. Went into Telstra shop and they confirmed a scam..
Fortunately we did not respond so just deleted message and all good...
Sorry for your loss...

I have Yahoo, Gmail email addys. However my primary email is with my ISP, Optus. As I also use them for mobile, not hard to qualify me as me.

In the past I have had Yahoo and other emails hacked as well as Paypal. I don't bother trying to clear them, I get a new one.

Best way to suffer this is back up your contacts, then send those you want to, the new addy. Oh, and use a good Anti Virus App.

Latest posts