I need help from an eight year old.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevewilko

that's right it was me....
Reaction score
Hi Guru's,

If someone graciously;

(not necessarily an 8 yr old!!)

can help me with a computer sign in problem please.

An online Windows 10 cant sign in merry go round.

Turn on computer and return key to sign in dialogue box.
Enter password.
Password incorrect.
Account sign in assistance via I cannot remember my password.
Receive code via email or phone no. record with msoft.
Code submitted.
Advised new password accepted and changed.
Account sign in dialogue box appears.
New password submitted.
Password incorrect.

And around I go again.

How can I overcome this error situation please.

Thank you, Wilko.

Two.
One from a long time ago (15yrs?) I dismiss it.
Opted to not use other (up to date) email because the code requesting infill of missing email particulars doesn't work eitherwhichway.
Use registered phone instead.
Process completes / fails / go round again..

Just a long shot Wilko- I just bought a new computer a couple of weeks ago with Windows 10. Each time it times out or I log out, if I don't choose English (Australia) for the keyboard every time I log back in, it reverts back to English (United States). Which means anything with @ in it comes out as " when you hit the @ key and vice versa. So when you type a hidden password all you see is ****** not realizing that your @ key is producing " instead.

I Hope the fix is a simple as that for you mate! - D.S

P.S, I'm crap with technology, but I'd love to be able to help you and return the favor you did for me with the 25" DD-X settings. :perfect:

Howdy all
I have managed to get into my msoft account via my phone.
I have updated and/or deleted within - where I couldn't get past the front screen on laptop....
Just wonder why msoft has me by the jatz crackers when I simply want to open said new laptop and play a dvd.
Criminal I say!!
Thanks for your help, will recommence thread tomorrow when I try to log in again.

Just a thought, do you have the cap lock on which will only password in capitals, I have been caught a few times.

Graham

Mike678 said:
I gave up with Microsoft and viruses a long time ago . I bought a Mac. !

Ha! Macs have viruses too, dont be so naive.I have windows desktops/laptops, android phone and macbook too, the whole gamut unfortunately!

Dont visit shonky websites and you'll be alright :lol:

In the bios is a flag for which country code the
machine is being used in.
By default, It is set to US.

What is said up there is very true.
If you set to Australia in Windows, It defaults back to
US upsetting your key board input.
Also, I never use microsoft accounts either.
Only local accounts.
I have dealt with some horrible situations with it.

Jaros said:
I've forgotten the password ti I-cloud and am being told it's up to 24hrs to get a response re change of pword.
Hate Microsoft. :argh:

Oh well, I have to say it, I like Microsoft much more than I like fruit machines. I have been using and supporting all sizes of computing since 1970 and to me, Microsoft seems more logical, and Fruit machines are for those that don't want to think. I even use a 1TB Microsoft Surface as my computer, so I am in over my head, eh :argh: :lol: .

Rob P

Jaros said:
I've forgotten the password ti I-cloud and am being told it's up to 24hrs to get a response re change of pword.
Hate Microsoft. :argh:

My banking passwords are the only ones not saved on my computer.
Firefox on my mac remembers the other hundred or so...One click.
I don't like Microsoft either. :cool: