Dry blowing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dam it said:
bend said:
dunollyman said:
Hey. Can I ask what are the specs on the blowers people are using for there Dryblower?? Or brands and size?
Got the small dry blower that was at the marybough gold shop :D
I picked up an echo blower for mine at the mower joint near coles in m/borough, does alright. pb 251 i think. Used to have the cheapest ryobi you could get at bunnings, moved plenty of air but continuously needed fiddling with because it didnt like the dust much.
Hey Patrick how many of the cheap Blowers have we worm through :lol: :lol:
3, I believe. Junk is JUNK! Spend the money and get something decent.

Patrick1 said:
dam it said:
bend said:
dunollyman said:
Hey. Can I ask what are the specs on the blowers people are using for there Dryblower?? Or brands and size?
I picked up an echo blower for mine at the mower joint near coles in m/borough, does alright. pb 251 i think. Used to have the cheapest ryobi you could get at bunnings, moved plenty of air but continuously needed fiddling with because it didnt like the dust much.
Hey Patrick how many of the cheap Blowers have we worm through :lol: :lol:
3, I believe. Junk is JUNK! Spend the money and get something decent.
Pretty much yea, only got the ryobi because it was on special, been retired to the garden now. Well the shelf in the shed anyway til i get round to putting a new starter cord on it :mad: .
The Echo's doing well so far though, secondhand refurbished. Seen a bloke online recommending some sort of high static blowers, on one of the american sites I think. Apparently you coat the impeller in tray liner and they last for ever, just hook them up to whatever motors handy ;) . The ones they use for moving cotton and grain and things like that apparently. Need to look in to that for when the echo gives up the ghost.

Nightjar said:
Moneybox said:
Peter, I think you are on the right track because my bellows area ends up with heaps of dirt over the top of the drain plug holes.

MB, Bit confused here, "Drain plug holes"?????? on a dry blower.
Can you please enlighten?

Peter, There's a little expanding plug on the front of the bellows that is there to drain the fine dust that leaks through the cloth. I'm hoping to head down to Capel in the coming weeks. Perhaps I could fetch my little Keens and drop by? Phil

Moneybox said:
Peter, There's a little expanding plug on the front of the bellows that is there to drain the fine dust that leaks through the cloth. I'm hoping to head down to Capel in the coming weeks. Perhaps I could fetch my little Keens and drop by? Phil

Hi Phil,
Firstly, if you are using the correct cloth your little machine can puff for weeks without having to clear the chest.
You're welcome to drop in, just give us a call to make sure we will be home. Will send you a pm.

bend said:
dunollyman said:

Sorry i checked and its an echo pb2155, the commercial grade instead of a homeowners. secondhand ran me about the same as i paid for the ryobi.

Moneybox said:
We've got a little Keens puffer. I'm not impressed although we've managed a few ounces. I have trouble getting it to puff but Nightjar tells me that I most likely have the wrong cloth. I bought it new but it could have had the wrong part installed. I have to have it full of dusty dirt to puff. If it's only half full or the soil is a but gravelly the airflow doesn't disturb the flow of dirt over the rifles. It's just really hard for a poor outcome.

MB, After reading this and your mention in another post about dust in riffle box has got me wondering if the air intake is working correctly? If the intake is restricted in any way when your machine takes a breath it would tend to suck through the cloth? If the chamber doesn't fill with air this in turn would reduce the puffing action. Feel sure it can be corrected. The puffer will win hands down against continuous air dry blower every day.

Latest posts