Drugs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry for your loss Bp...
I lost my brother through suicide over 10 yrs ago and I still struggle.
Kids are more resilient thank god. Yes they will have there hard times and questions but they do handle things like this better than adults.
Not sure if you heard about Tara Costigan in Canberra a few weeks back.
Killed by her ex with an axe as she was breast feeding her baby. She was my niece.
Her 2 boys 11 and 9 are amazing. They saw it all happen and I couldn't help but cry as they were the ones at the funeral consoling everybody.
Always be there for your nieces and nephews. There are times they will need your guidance.
Just keep in mind they are strong and they will get through this.
I hope everything works out well for you and them bud.

Nothing I can say, other than our thoughts are with you.

I lost my Brother to his in ability to get real help to manage he stress/deamons; We lost our son about 5 times due to Overdoses... But for unknown reasons, help arrived and he recovered...

The first few times it was by accident - They call it death by misadventure, as no one can be sure if it was by choice or a hot dose.

The last time he did try, but miscalculated and was found by a member of the public...

He has since turned his life around, but will never be 100% safe for many reasons; I re write his eulogy every year as a reminder of how LUCKEY my wife and I are. Yet many that I met in rehab, have since died or will soon be dead, yet they are just numbers; and in many cases even their families did not care or were victims them selves...

I firmly believe that Pushers/Dealers should be charged with Manslaughter or some other relevant charge. And that all the proceeds that are recovered are put towards appropriate Mental Health support. Not to the governments general ledger to be spent on their lunches etc.

The lack of support and understanding of those that have suffered severe trauma be it here in Australia (Police and Ambulance etc) and those in our forces that suffer any number of stresses and trauma MUST be SUPPORTED by every one.

And our Governments need to be out front, not hiding behind sanitised data and numbers.

BushPig Sorry for the RANT.... But you need to manage the Anger and and look after yourself and the others. Because if it gets you down, then your of no help to them when they might need it. Always have an open door for them and just be there; do not judge.

Here is a poem my son wrote while reflecting during his last time in recovery, it may help some.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g56v9gcfnq29p4m/Scared_and_alone_Adiction.pdf?dl=0

Sorry to hear of your loss BP,
cant imagine the stress and anguish that puts on any member of a family.
I feel most for your nieces knowing that they will now have to miss out on all the happy times that kids are supposed to share with their fathers. Hopefully they will find a way to deal with the greif and that they will see the choices that he made and take actions later in life to keep themselves and friends safe from the heartache that drug and alcohol abuse can cause.
If you ever need a someone to have a yarn to or just need to take your mind off life for a while let me know.
Condolences TGW.

Sorry for your loss mate. Hasn't been to long ago I lost someone very close to me.

Just try and hang in there. Keep busy, talk about it with people close to you. They say it gets better over time but I have no idea when that may be.

Yes, drugs are a big problem in our society. What I never understand is how they have so much trouble keeping it of the streets.

Hey Angermanagement,

Sorry for your loss. I am with you mate all the dealers should be charged. I am not too bad with my anger my missus keeps me inline most of the time.

My other brother inlaw and I were not allowed to attend the funeral at the request of the family as we may have done something to some of the people who attended.

Thats a beautiful poem and thank you for sharing it. No words can explain how happy I am that your son is doing better.

Cheers

AngerManagement said:
Nothing I can say, other than our thoughts are with you.

I lost my Brother to his in ability to get real help to manage he stress/deamons; We lost our son about 5 times due to Overdoses... But for unknown reasons, help arrived and he recovered...

The first few times it was by accident - They call it death by misadventure, as no one can be sure if it was by choice or a hot dose.

The last time he did try, but miscalculated and was found by a member of the public...

He has since turned his life around, but will never be 100% safe for many reasons; I re write his eulogy every year as a reminder of how LUCKEY my wife and I are. Yet many that I met in rehab, have since died or will soon be dead, yet they are just numbers; and in many cases even their families did not care or were victims them selves...

I firmly believe that Pushers/Dealers should be charged with Manslaughter or some other relevant charge. And that all the proceeds that are recovered are put towards appropriate Mental Health support. Not to the governments general ledger to be spent on their lunches etc.

The lack of support and understanding of those that have suffered severe trauma be it here in Australia (Police and Ambulance etc) and those in our forces that suffer any number of stresses and trauma MUST be SUPPORTED by every one.

And our Governments need to be out front, not hiding behind sanitised data and numbers.

BushPig Sorry for the RANT.... But you need to manage the Anger and and look after yourself and the others. Because if it gets you down, then your of no help to them when they might need it. Always have an open door for them and just be there; do not judge.

Here is a poem my son wrote while reflecting during his last time in recovery, it may help some.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g56v9gcfnq29p4m/Scared_and_alone_Adiction.pdf?dl=0

BP

Stay strong and live life in such away that your nieces and nephews know they have a safe place; if they ever need it...

It's the system that is broken, and many involved are just the product of a system that many want to push under the carpet. So don't get Angry it only hurts you and the flow on to others is not ideal.

Hat's off to your wife, mine was the rock during our times...

It took lots out of our lives and caused some heavy arguments but we worked our way forward... Because we knew that we HAD to be Stable and the Solid footing; that our son would need. One thing he always said was that we never judged him, he had choices and he had to accept the outcomes of his choices. But he knew that to be clean was the only way that he would be welcome back into our lives in a physical sense.

He was always in our minds and heart but until he was clean and had been for some time; not allowed back home. We traveled many miles each weekend to see him, good and bad weather. We also got to meet and know other inmates, and it was a shame that many never had any family support. Some never told their family, others were disowned and others.....well their family were also addicts.

So many smart and highly gifted and yet lost soles... Many have left this life, way too early and often with no one to even say good-by. I often drop in to the center, pop a few dollars into the donation jar and then say my respects to the many many plaques that keep growing.

MY only wish was that I understood more, when my brother was having problems.

ENOUGH.... I am getting a tad emotional for an old fart....

Take care and swing steady; not High and Low.

To be honest I don't think there are many people who's lives have not been affected by drugs, legal or illegal, user, friend or parent. I'll be totally honest and say I've had some darker days in my life 20 years ago and got over it, some friends never did and continue to this day to abuse hard drugs. The reasons people use are many and varied, some love to experiment on themselves (that was me, loved to party on the Acid, E's and speed, not anymore though), some hurt so bad inside for whatever reason they use drugs as a temporary relief from life and or painfull experiences, some are just lost and can't find a way back to feeling normal without dangerous drugs, some do it for attention.

I've never used Heroin but have seen the effects on friends who have, hell I even performed rescusitation on my junkie mate who OD'd while using my toilet (I had no idea that he would do that in my home), he was Blue and unconscious with an extremely weak pulse. After he sat up and abused me for punching him several times and giving him a good ol pain response to help bring him around and with mouth to mouth, he wandered off into the distance hating me and calling me every rotten name he could think of.

You could set dealers on fire in a cage and the users would just get it elsewhere and there would be another hard drug dealer to replace them in no time. Depends on the person who dies also, pretty young thing has an allergic reation and dies from an E and everyone is up in arms, poor old junkie dies in a gutter from OD and no-one gives a crap.

The real answer is legalisation, agree or not, it undermines the illegal supply, allows intervention by counsellors/family and stops the profit for dealers. It is a social problem, a medical problem and a psychiatric problem. Look at the damage ice is doing to communities, it's tearing them appart. If you had to go to a Doctor to apply to be a druggie you'd probably feel pretty stupid, if there was no profit there would be no dealers and no drugs.

There are no easy answers and many difficult questions.

I feel for you BP, must be a very difficult time. Hope things work out for your family.

"Every junkie's like the setting Sun".......... Neil Young

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's support over the last couple months. Anzac Day was especially hard for the little fella as his Father used to take him every year.

Sorry if I didn't reply to all comments but let me assure you I did read every one and greatly appreciate all.

The pic is of my nephew and my babies.

1430271360_1510653_10206695622568261_3836844923482817533_n.jpg

bit one off guys

2 other threads gone , because those two scumbags where the bad carriers 8)

this fella was the "victim" and the thread goes two pages :8

same chit to me ;)

Not too sure what you mean there Doc?

Anyway Jaros can you end this thread now please? Thanks again to all.

Gedday There Mate .. Just wanted to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family .. Very bloody sad.
You're a good man and you have a fine family .. Time does heal.
I'll PM you soon Mate .. I reckon we should organise a good old North Palmer River campfire yarn real soon .... ay.

Thanks mate. I am planning on heading up there in a weeks time will pm you.

cheers

Palmer Digger said:
Gedday There Mate .. Just wanted to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family .. Very bloody sad.
You're a good man and you have a fine family .. Time does heal.
I'll PM you soon Mate .. I reckon we should organise a good old North Palmer River campfire yarn real soon .... ay.

Latest posts