Drugs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushpig

Jed
Reaction score
Is it bad that I feel more angry than sad that my brother inlaw took his life. What about these beautiful kids my niece and nephew don't have a father anymore.

I don't know what to feel. Was he thinking about them when that needle went in?

What about the people that were giving him that crap, do they know how many lives they have ruined today and do they even care?

Sorry to hear of your loss Bushpig.

Very sad for your families, his children & wife...

It must be a confusing & emotional time for you all & many questions will be left un-answered :(

Well this begs the question, purposeful or accidental OD?

Sorry for your loss mate but you will come out of this stronger and wiser no doubt.

Life puts us on the canvas sometimes, but its all about how quick we can get up again!

Cheers mate ;)

Hi BP
I'm also very sad for your loss.
Be the best uncle you can for your niece and nephew and tell them about the good times that you shared together with your brother and others growing up.
Ensure they know their dad was sick and that he would be very proud of them if they learn from his mistakes but above all let them know you love them and will always be there for them no matter what.
Remember the good times
Bob.

Hi BP, condolences re your loss. If you get too low call Life-line 131114 and have a chat. Speak to us via the PA site etc.
It is sad when these things happen, but they happen - worse luck. I know how you feel as i lost a brother due to his drinking and driving.
Again commiserations.
Jaros :|

I lost a parent to a drug addiction (alcohol -> cirrhosis -> liver cancer), and the other has dementia also as a result of alcoholism.

I used to get very angry with them, while they were alive, that they could keep doing what they were doing. I prefer to think that the alcohol hijacked them, and I lost them a long time ago.

I feel your pain. It gets easier over time. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear about your families loss, and pain, Anger is one of the steps of the grief , its very a normal response to to any loss.
Keep talking about how you are feeling, because as men, we are not generally forthcoming with our emotions, but it helps to talk about it as much as possible.

I feel for you in this situation as iv been through something like this myself, its going to get better as time goes on. I would focus on the good things in your life and support the kids though there grief.

Chin up mate, our thoughts are with you and your family :)

Cheers
Ryan

More than a few of us here, couldave lost our lives to drug alcohol. No point blaming the drug, or who makes it, as we put it in our own mouths. My dads generation, would never have spoken so openly about this stuff, so we have come a long way :) You have done a great thing by sharing this.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Reading what has happened to your family though we have
never met has saddened me. Thank you for sharing this with us.

There is nothing you need to exactly feel. Just take it day by day and as the questions pops into
your mind in time the answers may come. Don't feel bad because you feel angry. This is a naturual
reaction since it involves your sister, niece, nephew and your family. The time will come where the
anger may just go away and the sadness kicks in.

Thank you all for your kind words. The last few months he wasn't the person we used to know that would of done anything for his kids.

The missus and I have always played a big part in the kids life as they are always here playing with our girls and we will continue to be involved and care for them.

It broke my heart seeing their faces when they were told after school yesterday. Lots of question like why did he die and who is going to be my Dad now? 8.(

They don't deserve any of this.

Metamorphic said:
Well this begs the question, purposeful or accidental OD?

Sorry for your loss mate but you will come out of this stronger and wiser no doubt.

Life puts us on the canvas sometimes, but its all about how quick we can get up again!

Cheers mate ;)

Yes Meta it was on purpose and he did it where they would find him as soon as they walked in.

Your right mate, the kids dont deserve this.....no one does hey!

Broke my heart just reading your post #16

Its very Honorable of you mate to keep yourself involved in these kids lives and try to help them through all of this.

Good man!

I've have been through two family members committing suicide and one death of a mate on his 21st and another still young from drugs. It's a horrible loss whichever way you look at and I empathize, years later there is still just voids where these people, good people once were. It can take a while to get past the hurt and selfishness and tragedy. Be good to yourself mate, and good on you for having the courage to speak up.
Kids can be amazingly resilient and don't forget to ask for help if you need it. My cousins kids are well adjusted young adults after their fathers suicide several years on, broke my cousins wife though. Sometimes as adults we shoulder a huge load. Don't be reluctant to ask for help around you mate, I sincerely hope you come out the other side stronger as family. Everyone handles things differently just be good to one another and be understanding. Good luck.

Thanks Goldtarget,

You are spot on about the kids. My niece seems to be doing alright she is 6yo so may not fully understand. My nephew just turned 9 and seems quite withdrawn.It has only been a week though. His other uncle and I will be taking him prospecting next week so hopefully he will enjoy that as much as he has in the past.
I saw my sister inlaw smile for the first time since the death so hopefully that is a sign that she is making progress. The kids have returned to School so some normality should do them good.
If anyone here ever needs any help or just someone to talk to please ask me and I will be there for you. Don't let things get you that far down that you are considering ending it all. More people care about you than you know.

Goldtarget said:
I've have been through two family members committing suicide and one death of a mate on his 21st and another still young from drugs. It's a horrible loss whichever way you look at and I empathize, years later there is still just voids where these people, good people once were. It can take a while to get past the hurt and selfishness and tragedy. Be good to yourself mate, and good on you for having the courage to speak up.
Kids can be amazingly resilient and don't forget to ask for help if you need it. My cousins kids are well adjusted young adults after their fathers suicide several years on, broke my cousins wife though. Sometimes as adults we shoulder a huge load. Don't be reluctant to ask for help around you mate, I sincerely hope you come out the other side stronger as family. Everyone handles things differently just be good to one another and be understanding. Good luck.

Latest posts