DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if here is best, however, just a callout should anyone have a Inspire 1 Pro Z3 'gimbal' only available to sell?

AC took a solid landing from only 14' onto camera and broke the arm of the gimbal, two rear legs and 1x prop. Unsure of glass atm, but will know once i get it back together.

All other parts (plus spares) ordered, now just need the gimbal, and i haven't seen these available separately.

Cheers

Up at the lake. Taken from only 5 mtrs!

1528064656_dji_0355resize.jpg

GypsyGoldAu said:
Not sure if here is best, however, just a callout should anyone have a Inspire 1 Pro Z3 'gimbal' only available to sell?

AC took a solid landing from only 14' onto camera and broke the arm of the gimbal, two rear legs and 1x prop. Unsure of glass atm, but will know once i get it back together.

All other parts (plus spares) ordered, now just need the gimbal, and i haven't seen these available separately.

Cheers

Hey Bud, on that site you indicated, put a shout out for Rob, or @Thunderdrones he has tons of bits lying around.

Ok as mentioned earlier I have My first Drone, and I need some guidance on it...

I have some pics of it, so what im after is, Good brand? , Flight time? , And is it suitable for checking out Fossicking areas... As I said before, I have no idea about this stuff... :lol: And I will need a controller as the one he used has to go with his Racing Drones that he built Himself(about 10 of them and they are For Sale)... This Drone was his First one and I have no idea how much He paid for it... I don't think it was cheap tho, but then again im usually wrong on Most things... :rolleyes:
1529474452_img_0034.jpg

1529474491_img_0035.jpg

1529474523_img_0036.jpg

Thanks Pilots :Y: :lol:
LW.....

Hey Bud,
I have not played with one of these, but it sounds like your BiL was a bit of a RC hobbyist.
There are some links below that will start you off but I do think you are going to need some help.
(You could perhaps see if he was in a club or something and ask them?)
You are going to have to buy a TX radio and bind it to the 350, then set it up etc. This can be a chore.
Certainly not as easy as buying a Mavic Phanto, Air or Pro that is already set up for you mostly.

Sorry if I've scared you a bit, but the upside if you can get some help to put it all together, learn to fly it, then it will do what you ask and fly aroung and check things out from a differant perspective!

Good luck! Let us know how you go!

http://www.droneexaminer.com/reviews/walkera-qr-x350-gps-pro-review.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/radios-servos/radios.html

Just what I needed to know, and yes He was in a club.... Would it be Easier or Cheaper to just buy one of the ones you mentioned? and I know it is going to be a big learning curve for me... Im good on x box if that helps... ]:D

LW....

Now I have just read the 'report' on the Drone.... Mmmmm im very happy :D and I think My needs will be met with this one... I have been thinking for awhile about one...

Now I just have to get some Spare Blades and things cause I think I will need them.. :rolleyes:

Do you think that a cheaper, easier Drone would be good to Learn on ? And keep this one For when im a good/better Pilot ? I don't want to have a Wreck on my hands first Go... :lol: Any Ideas? Advise?.....

Any help is greatly appreciated, Believe Me... :8

Simmo, He WAS into his Drones Soooooo much... He has about 10 and was building them for some Club Guys... And Flew every chance He got... My Sister and I have no idea what these things are worth and a fellow from the club is going to make an offer... Might be a fair Offer, but im afraid She might be taken for a ride too... I don't even know what brand they are, as He Built them..

I have put up a few pics in case Somebody Knows more than Me and Sis... 8)

LW.....
1529491074_img_0037.jpg

1529491107_img_0038.jpg
1529491138_img_0039.jpg

Hi LW they are the sort of drones I fly and new depending on components ie motors and flight controller, new they are quite expensive to build but in the second hand market if they are not the latest and greatest then maybe a few hundred each but may take a while to sell.
The yellow one at the top left corner is one that I race and is an impuslerc helix $500+ to build new the others im not sure on but with closer pics I might be able to find out.
The radio is worth $80 new.

Thankyou LW for asking for my opinion, I appreciate it.

I have built many, from the simple multiwii 450 series, 250 super fast racers, Fatsharks..thru to the Carbon fibre Scarab...
And wrecked heaps!
I think I am Platinum status on Hobbyking... (whatever that means!!)

However, with what I see there, is that someone like 'max power' is your best option for advice.

If your BiL was a member of the club, and has passed, I doubt any members of the club would rip your sister off...

The RC that came with that unit was a Devo7 I think, which had the FPV screen built in... you are going to have to replicate all that...

Soooo back to your million dollar question...

For what you seemingly intend to do, I would buy a Mavic Air... or keep an eye out for this new Affani or what ever its called??!!

(New announcement from DJI in a couple of weeks!)

Thanks Max power, just good to get another opinion so We know or at least know the value of them... I will ask if I can get better pics and post them up... And I will try and find out some Specs .... :Y:
Im not afraid to throw some $$ into it as I want to get it/me right into it for a Special Trip Next year....
My purpose is to 'Hunt' Old Mines... In Semi Barren, Mountainous Terrain.. ;) :) So I have some work to do, for that purpose :8 ...

Thanks Simmo, Valuable Advise there... Thanks Heaps. I saw something the other day about the New Drone... 8) :Y: :Y: .. I have a bit of reading to do I think... Can this Drone be hooked up to a tablet for Viewing?

So the Missus can watch me crash. Her words not Mine.. :( :brokenh: No Faith these Wives... :lol:

LW...

:D Sure, most of these new 'flying camera' platforms have (or you add) a viewing device for the onboard camera.

Latest posts