DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And dont forget Guys, with the latest updates, you will now get the CASA quiz before you can fly.
I did mine, its easy as....9 questions and 4 chances to get it right apparently.

Simmo said:
Yep you got it! Its because it is Fat32 which gives a max file size of 4 gig. It shouldn't be an issue though, they should just butt up in your editor.

Thanks Simmo,

That would explain it !

Rick

I haven't flown my P4 in many weeks. Updated the Go 4 app today, charged up all the gear. No update for the P4 needed. Did all the calibrations no worries and had a fly for one battery. In Canberra area this weekend for a wedding. Oh, Flew for 20 minutes and just after I landed I got the question thingy. Simple , common sense answers.Put the bird back up at last light. A couple of pics over Tuggeranong.

1519386982_last_light.jpg

1519387211_ll3.jpg

Was flying my P4 Pro+ over water yesterday, hovering at 4m over a school of fish.

As the P4 headed out from shore the screen on the controller began to freeze briefly, then come good, then freeze etc.

After about 8 minutes of flight the screen froze completely and the app asked to close, which I did. Then the screen was blank !

After a few seconds of panic I hit the RTH button and back she came, thank heavens !

When I reviewed the footage, after the app had crashed the drone descended almost to water level, so low that the wake off the props made it look like the camera was underwater. Holy sh#t ! :eek: :eek:

It had worked perfectly the day before, the only difference this time was that I had done the latest firmware update. Exact same location etc.

Any ideas on what could have caused this, and advice of what to do if it happens again ? I thought the drone had gone into the drink, scared the sh#t out of me ! :eek:

PS also having all sorts of trouble trying to get the new precise fly safe database to download ??

Rick

What device are you using?
You can roll back to an earlier version in the assistant.

I'm using windows 10 PC, have got into the firmware refresh / downgrade page on my account. Do you suggest a downgrade ?
Can't open the flight data files on this PC, it doesn't recognise .dat files ??

Rick

Download a program called CSVView, then you will be able to see dat files. Also you can upload your flight log here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

What mobile device are you using with your p4?

Yeah I would downgrade, apparently this last 'up'grade was just something to do with the camera. go back to 200 or even 100.

Simmo said:
Download a program called CSVView, then you will be able to see dat files. Also you can upload your flight log here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

What mobile device are you using with your p4?

Yeah I would downgrade, apparently this last 'up'grade was just something to do with the camera. go back to 200 or even 100.
Its a P4 Pro+ (Plus), so there isnt a separate mobile device: the hand controller incorporates the display, with a native (Android) version of DJI Go onboard.

Just gave it a test flight over the sand flats at low tide with no issues at all, so buggered if I know ! I didn't roll back the firmware either. :/

The interesting thing about the near ditching yesterday is that the auto RTH feature didn't kick in, so I can only assume that the remote was still talking to the P4, despite the frozen screen !

Hence I can only assume that the Go4 app had a glitch, as I got the message " DJI Go 4 isn't responding, do you want to close it ? ", which I did, and that's when the screen went from frozen to black !

The lights were still on the remote, and the manual RTH button still worked, but I couldn't see anything. I didn't want to turn off the remote and reboot, as I may not have had any control then ???!!! :(

Cheers,
Rick

Yeah those were the sort of issues I was having when they brought out .18
I've rooted that tablet now and gone back to .9
Also I bought a super phone from China with a Decacore processor and more ram and that runs the latest ok. (well I havent done the last firmware update, because it was only camera issues apparently)
Have a look at the telemetry at the bottom of the pic, even though its frozen.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC36QU_BsLQ[/video]

I guess I joined the Drone Zone this morning. Got a heavily discounted DJI Spark with controller. Its my first smart video drone, but Ive done a fair bit of manual flying. I used to design and build my own 3D printed high speed micro quadcopters. Lost more of the little suckers than I could count.

Im still waiting for the controller, but will give it a test at the farm this weekend. Ideally it will help me scope out new spots on the creek for prospecting, and maybe locate and understand old workings for detecting.

Thanks. Ill keep it away from water, trees and cliffs and within easy walking distance until Ive got a few good mistakes under my belt!

Any suggestions for micro SD brand, size and class?

Yeah, ummm, without me pulling one out, its gotta be class 10 and a U3 works best. Ummm...[memory dont fail me know]... 64 gig I think I have. Thats heaps.
For clients, I put in a 16 gig, fly the job and give them the card.

Latest posts