DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havent posted in here for a while!!
Here's a pic from last weekend....
Max height of 400 ft.
1534757755_4crp1.jpg

Great pic Simmo.
My Mavic 2 Pro arrived today, and it's a blast!
It'll be a while before I'm confident flying it, just basic movements at the mo, so I just go high (yes 120m max) and take vids and pics.
Got confident to take off and land on my balcony in moderate wind.
An incredible toy!
Should make my next trip up your way more pic friendly (if that's a word?).
Maybe even a few selfies next time :lol:

Good stuff mate!!!!
If I can be a stick in the mud.... (obviously you know the rules and have got the CIFT app...)
Make sure, when the pretty little thing says..."Homepoint has been recorded..... please check it on the map.."
Check that it is right, and that the RPA is facing the right direction on the map, in conjunction with its real direction.

BigWave said:
Great pic Simmo.
My Mavic 2 Pro arrived today, and it's a blast!
It'll be a while before I'm confident flying it, just basic movements at the mo, so I just go high (yes 120m max) and take vids and pics.
Got confident to take off and land on my balcony in moderate wind.
An incredible toy!
Should make my next trip up your way more pic friendly (if that's a word?).
Maybe even a few selfies next time :lol:

You will love it.

I have had mine a couple of months and it's an incredible flying machine. Rock solid in the air and the camera is amazing, although I can't help but fly it in sports mode so not much recording and pics. For the ones I have taken, I have been impressed.

BigWave said:
An incredible toy

It's not a toy, well that's what I told my wife ??

All my other quads have been toys, cheap little indoor ones, built a few larger ones too. Would like to get into FPV racing.

These high end ones are truly incredible.

They get out the back of my place with there drones,

I live very close to the ocean,

A lot of fishing people fly there drones to see schools of fish,

Then let the fishing boats no where the fish are,

Got to be careful if your laying in the sun with not much on {)

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:

A lot of fishing people fly their drones to see schools of fish, then let the fishing boats know where the fish are.

They should be at least 30 metres from people, buildings and vehicles. If any closer I guess you could report it to the police and CASA.

Ramjet said:
goody2shoes said:

A lot of fishing people fly their drones to see schools of fish, then let the fishing boats know where the fish are.

They should be at least 30 metres from people, buildings and vehicles. If any closer I guess you could report it to the police and CASA.

Not buildings bud. People, or populated area's.

Up here, a Real estate used a Drone to take some pictures of a house for sale. They didn't look to carefully at the 'selected' pics and made a very large sign to place outside the house.. With-in 1 day of said sign being put up, the lady next door spotted herself Sunbaking topless around her pool in the Pictures... Cost RE heaps for a new sign and a 'Sorry' Payment for the Sunbaker...
Lucky she was a good looker tho... :eek:

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
Up here, a Real estate used a Drone to take some pictures of a house for sale. They didn't look to carefully at the 'selected' pics and made a very large sign to place outside the house.. With-in 1 day of said sign being put up, the lady next door spotted herself Sunbaking topless around her pool in the Pictures... Cost RE heaps for a new sign and a 'Sorry' Payment for the Sunbaker...
Lucky she was a good looker tho... :eek:

LW.....

1542779627_1.jpg

1542779642_2.jpg

Ok as Promised... A bit of history first.. :rolleyes: and a long Post... :rolleyes:

This Drone was my Late Brother-in Laws first Drone and was given to me by me Sister after he passed away with MND... It came with full instructions, Camera and controller... He loved his Drones and got right into Building them and then racing them... He had built at least 20 of the small Drones...
1542970227_img_0035.jpg

1542970259_img_0036.jpg

And this Controller...
1542970332_img_0039.jpg

It cane with a heap of spares like Blades, Landing Legs and the ring around to protect the Blades... I have also bought a full set of Nuts and Bolts and a spare Shell/Body from Ebay..
Simmo has helped a bit in saying it's not a good Drone to start with, but I have learnt to fly it(sort of ) and now I think im ready to start using the camera...
But My issue is the condition of the Batteries... I know a bit about Lithium Batteries and know swelling is NOT good.. My BIL Had an issue of one actually catching fire inside the House when charging but lucky he was in His Drone Zone at the time..

LW...

Hey Buddy, I remember this post quite some time ago!
Good on you my friend for persevering!, My comments from memory, were not of personal experiance, but those opinoins of Dr. Google??
Batteries should always be charged in a fire resistant location, for sure.
Swelling can be caused by over charging, or even over discharging!
Once they are swollen, they cannot be relied upon. (especialy for an aircraft!)
Hobbyking are the go to, but there have been some increases in restrictions lately.
Try getting batteries from the Hobby king Aus Warehouse??
We cant get anything atm labeled Airsoft from HK for our Gel blasters??

Latest posts