DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Simmo.

Got some air time today. Im still waiting for my controller to arrive, so Im stuck with limited range & speed and trying to drive the quad with my iPhone screen (which is terrible). Heres a quick clip - I havent got my SD card yet so its dodgy low res/frame rate video from the live feed. Seems capable enough for what I want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x7wgfncghv5qcx/IMG_0365.MP4

Interesting hybrid concept. A petrol powered generator supplies power for the electric motors. Longer flight times.

1520141659_hybrid.jpg

Does a drone eg. DJI capture telemetry data? If not then this may be of interest to some people, particularly as it is now free to download and use ......

http://www.dashware.net/

As is probably obvious from my question, I don't own a drone so have no idea what they do or what they don't do.

It is often used in dinghy and sports boat racing and motor racing .... oh hell and anything else, where you want to know what it was doing and what was going on.

Whisp said:
Does a drone eg. DJI capture telemetry data? If not then this may be of interest to some people, particularly as it is now free to download and use ......

http://www.dashware.net/

As is probably obvious from my question, I don't own a drone so have no idea what they do or what they don't do.

It is often used in dinghy and sports boat racing and motor racing .... oh hell and anything else, where you want to know what it was doing and what was going on.

Oh yes the DJI drones record a LOT of data which is all sent back to the manufacturer apparently.

Only if you use Go 4 and sync your flight records!! And turn off reporting on the front page!!!! No spying by DJI!!! They promised!!!

Anyway to answer your question Whisp, the DJI products record a whole host of data. And there is even more recorded on the Black Box in the Air Craft that is a little harder to get at. This picture below is of an air craft flight log that crashed, and investigation determined the cause, just by this flight log.
1520151880_untitled.jpg

Ramjet said:
Interesting hybrid concept. A petrol powered generator supplies power for the electric motors. Longer flight times.

I went to a drone trial where they had an awesome little gas generator. It would fit in a shoebox with room to spare, and looked like something out of back to the future. Details are hazy. 4,000 degrees (maybe), hydrogen (probably). Somewhere between 2.5 and 3x the energy density of lithium batteries. I wasnt allowed to take photographs.

I thought someone might have a go at decyphering that flight log above and give an opinion.... obviously we are on a prospecting forum eh??!!
Here is the same log, but I have removed a lot of the sensors that weren't really necessary to determine the cause of the crash. I must admit, there is GPS data too, which shows flight path and location, but I've left that out, cause its not my flight log! That data makes the decision easier..
Why do you think this operator crashed and lost his $2000 Aircraft??
1520416827_untitled.jpg

Ok Cant work it out???!! I'll tell ya!!!
Operator flew out of line of sight, around a head land.
He gets a momentary lapse in his video feed as the line of sight is interupted.
He panics as the screen is telling him he is disconnected, not realising that its only the video feed.
He thinks he is still over land, but in a space of less than 30 seconds he has drifted over the water.
In panic he gives the Aircraft full down throttle to hopefully bring it down on the headland.
Unfortunately, he made a perfect landing in the Med sea! Gooone!!
Easy come.... easy go!
1520568410_1520416827_untitled.jpg

Crashed Phantom found in Cairns.

Phantom found crashed in Bentley Park/Edmonton. PM me for details.

Latest posts