DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to get out today and have a quickie before this projected rain comes in.
Just a Tad North of Cairns are some wicked, deserted beaches, where the rain forest meets the Ocean and the Barrier Reef....
1517732566_resize.jpg

1517732583_resize1.jpg

I've just bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, to use as as an aid to raw prospecting. It will be especially handy for my annual trip to Western Australia, as I will be raw prospecting at the outer edges of known goldfields. :Y:

Check out this clip I did today, it's maiden flight. Unbelievably clear and stable 4K footage, and what a blast flying it ! Had a minor heart failure when I got out over the ocean and had trouble working which way was what, but composed myself enough to bring it home, then manual landed it !

Later I got my head around the auto takeoff and return to home feature. :)
Managed not to crash it, which was a huge relief !

Cheers,

Rick

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/xVgYlOdJcrw[/video]

Hey Guys sorry, this one is a little OT, I love this photo!! I just got a high quality version of this blown up and framed to I dunno, 3ft by 2 ft or something?? Looks great!!!
Not taken with a Drone though unfortunately but my Samsung phone on a trip to Melbourne last year!!!!
1518504799_melb_edit.jpg

Simmo said:
Hey Guys sorry, this one is a little OT, I love this photo!! I just got a high quality version of this blown up and framed to I dunno, 3ft by 2 ft or something?? Looks great!!!
Not taken with a Drone though unfortunately but my Samsung phone on a trip to Melbourne last year!!!!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4105/1518504799_melb_edit.jpg

Good photo. The shot tower in Melbourne Central. I worked in the Melb Central tower for 5 years in the early 1990's and the shot tower location was always a favourite.

Rob P

Thanks PabloP because I forgot the name of the place where I shot the photo!! There is a GIANT cuckoo clock there too!!! My photo's of that didnt come out too well, but this photo is a beauty!!!

Jaros said:
Hubby didn't look too happy(p-off she's mine). :eek:

My wife Kaye being playful for the camera, me operating the drone ! :)
I didn't know she'd done that till we looked at the footage at home !

Rick

Hi All,

Technical question about the Phantom 4 Pro if anyone is able to help ?

My videos are being capped at 3.8 gb , 5 mins 27 secs .

I've read all through the manual and can't find anywhere that I can alter it. The manual says that video is capped at 30 mins to ensure stability, but I'm only getting 5 mins 27 secs ???? :( :(

I have a 64gb extreme micro SD in the drone, so capacity is not the problem. :(

Cheers,
Rick

Araratgold said:
Hi All,
Technical question about the Phantom 4 Pro if anyone is able to help ?
My videos are being capped at 3.8 gb , 5 mins 27 secs .
I've read all through the manual and can't find anywhere that I can alter it. The manual says that video is capped at 30 mins to ensure stability, but I'm only getting 5 mins 27 secs ???? :( :(
I have a 64gb extreme micro SD in the drone, so capacity is not the problem. :(
Cheers,
Rick

Mine are exactly the same. I assumed it was a limitation of the Micro SD card formatting protocol.

Try lowering your resolution.
Not really noticeable on the web until you get right down in
the very lower settings.

Latest posts