dowsing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie123

harold
Reaction score
I have the key to the art, It is through the mind, it is not just used for water

Funny story time: When a mate and I went to Rubyvale chasing sapphires we met Bruce a 60 yr old semi retired underground sapphire miner, who's a surface miner now working the fossicking areas. While ol mate and I contemplating where to dig, he came over and pointed out a couple of spots were there might be sapphires. After setting up camp we picked a spot and started digging. These fossicking areas are way cool, you can dig were ever you like and take out whatever gets in your way so after removing a couple of cube of top soil we started on the sapphire wash layer. Bruce came back over and was surprised by the amount of work had already gone into our mini open cut mine. It was his turn to surprise us when he produced two bits of wire and said he was going to divine the area for sapphires.
He devined the area in around us starting at the back of our workings. It was when he got to the front that the wires crossed.
Bruce double checked by walking in opposite directions. The spot was 3 mtrs in front of us but how deep, well Bruce answered that question when he started to hop on the spot where the wires crossed and said it also was 3 mtrs down.
Now my ol mate was pretty sure Bruce was full of it and there was also a grand daddy broad leaf ironbark in the way as well so we started digging in the opposite direction. We did find a couple of good sapphires heading that way the run ran out after a week of digging. We started working in the opposite direction working in amongst the root system of the old tree but the wash was a thin layer with nothing in it. After 2 weeks ol mate had to go home so he left me to it. Just before ol mate left 2 elderly gentlemen had shown up one waving divining rods and began working an area well away from us but they had no luck over there and started heading our way.
They stopped divining and came over and introduced themselves and then told us that he was a water diviner by trade and he thought he would give his skills a go on sapphires but wasn't having any luck. We told him about Bruce but we didn't tell him where he marked the spot and this got them excited and off they went.
They walked over Bruces mark and got a slight nibble so they walked a small circle and got nothing but a slight twitch.
They walked a huge half circle and came back in the opposite direction and when they hit the mark this time the wires crossed and dived down. He could tell by the pull that it was about 3 to 4 mtrs down.
When after another yak with us he headed off towards the gully to an old digging where there was another big old iron bark.
Someone had dug on one side of it so he walked all around it and were they had'nt dug was were the wires again crossed.
The reason they had'nt dug there was because of an exposed rock shelf which ran right up to the tree. I dare say that rock shelf would have been thin and there was a cavity underneath containing wash.
We were told by bruce that a couple of backpackers had dug that one side of the tree and found a big yellow, so the mind boggles what could have been on the other side under that rock shelf.
I didn't get to either of these marks as I ran out of time, could have been rich now, :D .
:) Mick

If dowsing worked, I would use it to find the cash for my next adventure. It wont even point to my wallet.
Oh, thats right, no money in there!

I know water divining works I've seen diviners in action. I was told that people that are divining for sapphires aren't looking for sapphires, they are looking for moisture and where the moisture lays that's where the sapphires and gold will be.

From the Australian Skeptics site - there is $110,000 for anyone who can prove divining/dowsing for anything - not just water.

Dowsing, (also known as Divining) is widely practised in Australia.
Dowsers claim the ability to detect useful substances in the ground using processes
which are not able to be explained by current scientific principles.
The most frequently dowsed substance in drought-prone Australia is water. Many
Australians can claim a friend or relative who is a water-diviner.
Australian Skeptics have long been interested in dowsing. It clearly lies within the
range of paranormal activities which come under scrutiny. We offer a sum of money,
(currently $110,000) to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal ability of any kind.
Our only stipulation is that candidates must pass a proper scientific test, the protocols
of which have been agreed upon by all parties before the test commences. Most
acceptors of this challenge have been water-diviners; probably because they are
genuine people who believe in their abilities, and are as interested in being tested as
we are to test them.
Australian Skeptics have staged several such tests since the early 1980s. Dowsers
have been invited to try their skill by discriminating between randomly placed
containers which either did or did not contain water. These tests were conducted on
the double-blind principle: neither the dowsers nor the people conducting the test
actually knew what each container held. Each dowser was free to employ whichever
techniques or range of methods seemed appropriate to them.
In hundreds of tests thus performed, no-one has yet demonstrated a statistically
significant ability to divine water.

I just worked out how to find gold with a Rangertel. Throw it at some gum trees. Scientist have already confirmed that there is gold in them thar trees! :lol:

kleinman98 said:
I just worked out how to find gold with a Rangertel. Throw it at some gum trees. Scientist have already confirmed that there is gold in them thar trees! :lol:

:lol:

My old detecting mate used to say to me : "Get goldfields map, get dart, throw dart at map, detect at that spot." I too can walk onto a goldfield and say 'there is gold here' - you bet there is - flour gold, throwouts, but usually a friggin very deep lead metres below where I am standing. Still, each to their own.

It is a practice that is very hard to test at the moment, it is a connection with the divine, cleansing mind, body, spirit is a life long journey, I know alot of people who try to meditate but find it hard to quiet the mind, this is why results differ from time to time, and person to person, divining out in the bush for bore water is alot more balanced than being surrounded by the energy of all the people, and cameras. Up in lismore we used the pedulum to find high low energy spots for where to grow plants to reduce water consumption and supprisingly insects.

CHARLIE THAT'S ILLEGAL GROWING THAT STUFF. :eek: :D Seriously though the old timers channel a lot of energy into divining back in the good old days because they had little outside interference.

Ha Ha, Cannot agree more, a simple radio wave interferes with vibration, also back in the old days you were alot more open minded (good thing), now a days you want to know something you learn it from tv. From experience the media bends the truth to what is more watchable, small things have just the same impact over time as big things, it's just so gradual you dont see it happen

I find that when I am dowzing that I find heaps of sapphires and gold, then I wake up and realise it was just the fever that has taken hold and I am back to square one, wishing I had the time to get out amongst it.

Once there, quite frankly, getting on 'the spot' comes divinely to some people. My uncle was well paid for finding water, I guess I should have asked him how it was done whilst he was still on this earth. I would be happy to give anything a try to get on 'the spot'.

Latest posts