Dowsing/divining for gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hAyyoUinAU said:
Tiezto said:
Water devining works when the right person does it. 100%.

Finding gold, Im not so sure. I can only talk about what I have seen with my own eyes .

And I saw a man flying with my own eyes. Doesn't mean he can fly. ;)
Your on a roll floating your own boat tonight.
I seen a man open his mouth too.... don't mean he was right either lol ]:D

hAyyoUinAU said:
Wally69 said:
I have undeniable proof that dimention is the key .............. :rolleyes:

Where were we ............ yep, have a few rods soaking in some raw sapphires and will give them a try at Glen Inness this weekend

Looking forward to the pics. :D :D :D

Well .... As it happens, I have just put the finishing touches on "Wally's Sapphire Hunting Rods"

Not content with them sitting in a tray of sapphires for their absorption of mystical energy, I thought I had better mount some dogtooths for guaranteed success

1520161727_image.jpg

Even had time to manufacture some anti-magician-hands pivot devices for those sceptics out there.

1520161753_image.jpg

Look out Glen Innes - they are g'teed to point to at least two sapphires. ]:D

silver said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Tiezto said:
Water devining works when the right person does it. 100%.

Finding gold, Im not so sure. I can only talk about what I have seen with my own eyes .

And I saw a man flying with my own eyes. Doesn't mean he can fly. ;)
Your on a roll floating your own boat tonight.
I seen a man open his mouth too.... don't mean he was right either lol ]:D

Err

hAyyoUinAU said:
Now are you deceiving yourself, or are you trying to deceive others.
find yourself a teacher.... if you can, you'll be a novice but hey... we can put up with that :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
Find the water. lol
In fairness, the chance of finding water by sinking a bore in the green bit is only around 90%. And some water dowsers claim a 100% strike rate. :Y:

Hmm. Probability was never my strong suit. But I think the probability of being wrong twice would be:
(1-p)^2 or 1%
And the probability of getting three misses on one property
(1-p)^3 or 0.1% or one on 1,000.

So if a water dowser offered 3 suggestions per property and they did 10 jobs per year, theres a pretty good chance theyd never live to see a failure. So confirmation bias would convince them what they were doing was a real and valuable job even though a random selection of drill sites would work just as well.

I can find the plastic pipes for irrigation etc whether there's water in them or not, but that's what I was taught to find..... lose any plastic in long grass.... call me :D

TheMediocritist said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Find the water. lol
In fairness, the chance of finding water by sinking a bore in the green bit is only around 90%. And some water dowsers claim a 100% strike rate. :Y:

Hmm. Probability was never my strong suit. But I think the probability of being wrong twice would be:
(1-p)^2 or 1%
And the probability of getting three misses on one property
(1-p)^3 or 0.1% or one on 1,000.

So if a water dowser offered 3 suggestions per property and they did 10 jobs per year, theres a pretty good chance theyd never live to see a failure. So confirmation bias would convince them what they were doing was a real and valuable job even though a random selection of drill sites would work just as well.

Yup. I believe a lot of them believe. That's believable.

Ya making it sound all high n mighty like religion .... they all believe in somethings that cannot be proven too.... are they all wrong :eek:
N there's billions of them !

hAyyoUinAU said:
I can't believe you shared that with us.
You do realise everyone else is going to copy now and get all the sapphires.

All part of the marketing plan, with so much interest, I think I will open a stand at Gemfest and sell them.

Just need to go out and milk a few more snakes so I can sell some oil, once the magic wands run out. :D :lol: :D

Wally69 said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Wally69 said:
I have undeniable proof that dimention is the key .............. :rolleyes:

Where were we ............ yep, have a few rods soaking in some raw sapphires and will give them a try at Glen Inness this weekend

Looking forward to the pics. :D :D :D

Well .... As it happens, I have just put the finishing touches on "Wally's Sapphire Hunting Rods"

Not content with them sitting in a tray of sapphires for their absorption of mystical energy, I thought I had better mount some dogtooths for guaranteed success

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1520161727_image.jpg

Even had time to manufacture some anti-magician-hands pivot devices for those sceptics out there.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1520161753_image.jpg

Look out Glen Innes - they are g'teed to point to at least two sapphires. ]:D

You made them mate, I reckon you at least need to goive them a run out in the fields. :) Within 6 months everyone will be doing it. I'd get a patent on them ASAP. :lol:

silver said:
Ya making it sound all high n mighty like religion .... they all believe in somethings that cannot be proven too.... are they all wrong :eek:

Its not about religion. Its about dowsing. I am not here saying there is no higher power. Far from that. But there is no such thing as dowsing. Its all in the head.
Unlike religion or god or the big bang. They all are a force we have no clue about. Totally different argument there. Something made us...we and the universe are proof. Weather it was chance or a higher power, something did.

And to prove something, you also have to be able to disprove it. As with dowsing, it was debunked and disproved many times and many years ago.
But its imbedded, and many a pour soul has paid good money to have some clown guess where to drill.
No difference to con artists. (Except some actually believe they can do it)
Some also believe they were abducted by aliens and probed. lol

silver said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ]:D ]:D :D :D {)